cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer Billing Issue

Nay-fen
Joining in

Good day all, 

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I'm looking for some advice. I signed up with VM for broadband-only on the M350 deal at £33 per month I live is a two bed terrace house 2 rooms in my house had solid WiFi connection with the remainder of the house getting between 25-50mbs max but the main bedroom could not even stream a video. 

I called VM and informed them I was unhappy at the speeds I was receiving and was likely to cancel per the 14-day cool off period. The customer service agent advised me that I could buy a Wifi expander but informed him I'm not willing to pay extra. 

To which he responded I could get a wifi booster for free if I was on the next package up the M500 Volt package. Again I responded we are not willing to pay extra. He went away and checked with his supervisor and advised he could boost our package at the same cost as our current deal £33 a month. 

I since received an email stating my bill will increase to £56 a month.... another to VM I was informed this is correct and they cannot switch me back to the M350 deal as this was a new customer introductory offer this happened on the same day as the switch btw first call was in the morning, the second call at 4pm same day! 

I explained this is not what was agreed this morning and I wish to cancel I was told the agent had simply upgraded my package and as such this has no cool-off period. 

The conversation goes on for 1 hour mainly me being put on hold and then re-explaining what happened on the morning call, I was then told I would receive a permanent credit on my account of £22 pounds to honour my original deal price as the first customer service agent had made many mistakes and misinformed me. 

This has not happened the cut-off date for this was yesterday! Before I was time calling the call centre who clearly have no authority to action these changes is there anyone I can contact in the UK who can deal with this. I'm concerned that the information has not been correctly logged on my account and apparently they have no facility to listen to the record phone calls which would clearly prove what happened. 

I'm at the point where I might just lose the £109 (first two months' bill at an inflated price) just to be able to cancel. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nay-fen

Thanks for the private message, I'm pleased that I have been able to resolve this issue for you and get the correct credits added to your account.

If you have any further issues, please come back to me through this channel. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nay-fen,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that the rolling credit has not been added to your account as promised due to the incorrect package price. 

I will be more than happy to look into this further for you and find out what has happened.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nay-fen

Thanks for the private message, I'm pleased that I have been able to resolve this issue for you and get the correct credits added to your account.

If you have any further issues, please come back to me through this channel. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi 

Thank you for all your assistance really pleased with how you resolved the situation and my account is not updated as agreed originally.

Nathan