cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

obanite89
Dialled in

What a mug I am phoned up VM today as I am coming to the end of my current contract and spoke too a very helpful chap and renegotiated a new 18 month contract .Fella told me I could keep all my channels and upgrade to 360. I only wanted broadband but he convinced me I needed the channels To cut a long story short I received my email not long ago and on it noticed that my movie channels have gone also says on the new contract virgin 360 box, apparently I am getting a software update for original old slow box not a new box. Cant believe I fell for it......I knew the price was too good to be true for a 20 years plus customer and not new one, anyone else?

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@obanite89 wrote:

and upgrade to 360. I only wanted broadband but he convinced me I needed the channels ....apparently I am getting a software update for original old slow box not a new box.

Which box did you have before this call? Was it a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

TiVo & V6 both run TiVo software, TiVo's never were known for being quick but the V6 is night & day different and shouldn't have speed issues.

A V6 is the same physical box as a 360 and can be software converted into a 360. But TiVo/V6 is not 360 - they are very different, both have pros & cons.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that, I have had the V6 box for the last 5 years and tivo before that. Cant figure out why the new contract says 360 Box as if I am getting a new box, the tivo I have is quite sluggish recently, mentioned it a few times now to VM. Still annoyed about those channels though. Every 18 months I swear I will cross all the "t"s and yet again I still get stung.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a V6, and have accepted a conversion to 360, this is just a SW update. You'll receive a new remote in a few days, shortly after that your V6 will have an "upgrade to 360" icon appear which then prompts the conversion.

Be aware you will lose all your series-links and recordings with the conversion, it's a complete reformat of your hard drive with a fundamentally different OS.

If you're not happy with your new package, that comes with 14days cooling off so you can easily revert if you're not happy. The same doesn't apply to the SW conversion, that's now irreversible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Can`t edit, meant to say "the v6 i have" sorry!

Hi obanite89,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear there is some confusion around your upgrade, if as you have advised and the 360 is part of your package this would just involve a new remote and ne software being uploaded to the box remotely, this will remove all recording you currently have as the software is different.

Regards

Paul.

Iam not really bothered about the 360 thing,TBH I dont really now much about it, i only asked for a new box because i think the one i have is getting on a bit and slowing down. the recordings don't matter to me. What does bother me is that I asked the representative will I still have all the channels I have now and he said yes, several times throughout our conversation. Now my movie channels will be gone.Its going to come to the stage when customers can see the transcript before signing up again. I always get stung these days with VM.When it was NTL there was no such grief.

Hi @obanite89

Thanks for the reply

The 360 update wouldn't affect your movie channels, this would of been manually taken off / changed with the package. If you call our customer care team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 they will be able to look into your package with you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I know they were took off manually, that was my point pal. I don`t care about recordings honestly. I will need to phone them back as someone on the thread pointed out there is a two week cooling off period, I didn't know this. I posted this because I feel i was misled....again and worse still I fell for it again!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @obanite89,

I am sorry for everything, please do let us know how the phone call goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide