cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

Scurtis1
On our wavelength

I have spoken with a Jeff at Virgin Media on Friday 11th in relation to the price increase as I wanted to leave as a result of it. He made an improved offer and advised I would receive the contract in 24 hours. It has not come over. I called again yesterday and was advised that this had not registered on Friday and so it was relodged. Again I waited 24 hours but it has not come through. I have called again but they are saying they are unable to send the contract over. I have requested this be escalated to a senior manager to obtain a resolution but I am frustrated that something so simple cannot be achieved, even with all the modern channels open to business e.g email, WhatsApp, text message, web chat etc

Has anyone got any advice on why the automated contracts process is failing to send out documentation? I have raised it as a complaint but have not yet heard back

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

muffintastic
Superfast

I renewed my mother in law as contract today yet it's still showing the old one. Clearly they've got some sort glitch their end surely? 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

muffintastic
Superfast

I renewed my mother in law as contract today yet it's still showing the old one. Clearly they've got some sort glitch their end surely? 

I was advised there was a glitch in the system this evening but I should have been advised of that on yesterday's call as the problem was known about by then. My advice would be to submit a right to access request for the recorded call here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar - to cover your agreement. I hope you managed to get a good price when negotiating, I noticed that my parents were paying more than twice what I was for the same package and I can only assume this is because they fall in to an age bracket where it is perceived that they are wealthy. I plan to ask consumer bodies to investigate this practice as I feel older customers could be exploited.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Scurtis1,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've not received the contract. 

So I can double check this for you, I'll need a few more details. I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Scurtis1
On our wavelength

It's still not showing in My Virgin Media. Interesting to hear that muffintastic was able to see their contract via the website, but I'm unable to despite my being advised there was a glitch in the system...

Scurtis1
On our wavelength

A number of weeks later and I'm no further forward. I can confirm that no resolution has been provided to my complaint. A DSAR revealed the incorrect pricing but no contract copy was supplied. I have referred this to the ICO as there was also a number of recorded calls missing including one I know to be recorded, as the compliance team were to review it and then contact me. We will be reaching deadlock soon which will mean I will look to refer it to CISAS, as I had to do last time to get the matter resolved. I can advise that of the numerous contract emails sent over not one was correct and they were all the same old bill copy. Why has the same mistake been repeated time and time again? I have been promised numerous calls back from various parties - managers, complaint handlers, data officers but I have not received them. I would like the complaint escalated or an acknowledgement that it has reached deadlock. I would also advise that the preferred method of communication I declared was email and I have not received anything via that channel which suggests you have disregarded that preference.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry about all the issues faced Scurtis1,

Welcome back to the community.

With regard to this issue, I can see that are in contact with one of our agents over PM so to prevent any confusion I'll allow them to respond.

Thanks,

Kain