cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract payment dispute

Emmaliz
Tuning in

Hi back in February 2022 we were told our contract was due to end and the monthly cost would go up to £79 a month. This was far to much we can afford. After several conversations via WhatsApp we were advised by 2 or 3 different agents that as we are with O2 that the cost could be reduced to £30 a month. (I have all the screen shots of these conversations). Virgin still have taken the £79 out at beginning of the month.

I’ve logged 2 complaints via a form-I checked on the progress and they were closed (getting really unhappy now). I’ve logged yet another complaint but not feeling hopeful.Is there anything else you would suggest before I start a complaints process with CISAS? 

4 REPLIES 4

Emmaliz
Tuning in

Hi back in February 2022 we were told our contract was due to end and the monthly cost would go up to £79 a month. This was far to much we can afford. After several conversations via WhatsApp we were advised by 2 or 3 different agents that as we are with O2 that the cost could be reduced to £30 a month. (I have all the screen shots of these conversations). Virgin still have taken the £79 out at beginning of the month.

I’ve logged 2 complaints via a form-I checked on the progress and they were closed (getting really unhappy now). I’ve logged yet another complaint but not feeling hopeful.Is there anything else you would suggest before I start a complaints process with CISAS? 

Emmaliz
Tuning in

Hi last month our contract ended and the amount doubled to 79.00 a month. This is too much so we told several agents we wanted to leave Virgin (this was all done via WhatsApp so I have these messages as proof of conversations) we were told several times they could reduce this cost down to 30.00 a month as we also with O2.

We have had 2 bills since both charging the 79.00  not the promised amount. I have put in a complaint to Virgin but not heard anything since ? Is there anything else you can suggest before we go to an to an independent dispute service?

Thanks 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, just a bit of forum advice - please don't post multiple times across different threads, it can lead to replies going in different places and cause confusion - I've merged them together for you.

You've done the right things so far - raising a complaint and being aware of CISAS. If your original complaint is unresolved, then (irrespective of how it's been closed), wait the 8weeks for it to be unresolved and then request a deadlock letter to go to CISAS.

Having said that... the forum team can often resolve cases such as these quicker and easier for everyone concerned. Wait around here for a couple of days, and they should be along to (hopefully) intervene. If that doesn't happen, then there are ways & means of giving them a gentle nudge 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Emmaliz
Welcome to the back to the community!
Sorry to hear you have a complaint dispute open on your package price. If you would like to join me in private message I can check the account and investigate this further. You can see your private message at the top of the page in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley