cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract chaos

CMH29
Tuning in

After being noticing new monthly bill going up from £59 to £85, I called to discuss new contract.

Got quoted £64 with some additional features. Agreed. "Bear with me 2 minutes" became 1.5 hrs!! Eventually got email confirmation of package and said price.

3 hrs later an email "thank you for making changes " shows £127 per month..... I am furious.  

I was on leave from work yesterday so able to take that very long call. But not able to make private calls at work and my shift means not open when I get home.

I don't know what to do .......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hold VM to it by demanding a copy of the call recording and transcript via a SAR request https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq and a formal complaint with a view to escalating to Ombudsman Services. You are covered by s50 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 here. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hold VM to it by demanding a copy of the call recording and transcript via a SAR request https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq and a formal complaint with a view to escalating to Ombudsman Services. You are covered by s50 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 here. 

Thank you for reply. This was yesterday. The guy cut me off twice (but thankfully called me back) 

From 3pm-4.30pm Tushar had asked if I had an 02 mobile phone (which I do on PAYG) so said able to offer me all this discount and  extra features (sports, movies, netfkix) for just £5 more than contract just running out. Due to collaboration virgin and 02 Win win I thought?

Then came "there's a problem, cannot apply 2 discounts myself"  So said would put me through to supervisor as he needed supervisor to authorise.. another wait. Eventually spoke to Valerie who confirmed the £64 price no worry (swear Valerie was washing dishes or in a restaurant...) said would call me back in 2 hours. Didnt, but changes to tv made. Valerie also cut me off during call and had to ring me back ??? 

So so time consuming and soul destroying now have a 'fight' on my hands...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup welcome to VM. They really couldn't give a flying fig. 

Tried that SAR request for transcript 

No joy, filled out all my details but the Submit box greyed out. And saying enter your correct account number (same one on my bills and online account info...) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may need to wait for the forum team on that one. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@CMH29 wrote:

Tried that SAR request for transcript 

No joy, filled out all my details but the Submit box greyed out. And saying enter your correct account number (same one on my bills and online account info...) 

In the very last 'free text' box above the 'Submit' button, did you enter any commas in that box? I have a dim recollection from a past topic that stopped the 'Submit' button from becoming active in that case.

Thank you. I will check that.

Update: another 1 hr 20 min phone call earlier and 'Manager' has confirmed error applying codes and will be rectified.  Only verbal assurances and said cannot send me updated/corrected "thanks for making changes" to contract email with correct prices. No idea why not. 

Feel as everything verbal only Im being fobbed off and terrified the high amount of £187 a month will be binding. 

Could not get transferred to UK call centre operator.  Just so stressful 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CMH29 

Thanks for your response

I am going to drop you a private message now to confirm some further details, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs