cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bill confusion...

simfoee
Tuning in

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum but I couldn't find one for bill issues... I've just upgraded from V6 to 360 box (activating next week) and they've added the activation fee to the bill after the next one. I'm a little confused about the payment dates...

My confirmation email says:

"Here's how your changes take effect:

Service changes were made to your account on 1st February 2023
These changes will take effect* from 1st February 2023

Your next bill will be £118.19 and will be created as normal on 31st January 2023

The following bill will be £143.70 and include all credits and adjustments based on when the changes took effect, this is due 28th February 2023

Your new monthly bundle cost thereafter is: £113.75"

Usually my bill is created the last day of the month and I pay by Direct Debit on the 19th of the next month. However the wording of the bolded part there is confusing. Is this just the bill creation date and I would pay as normal on 19th March, or do I actually have to pay ("due") by the 28th February? I don't want to get stung with a late charge.

Thanks,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Simon, 

Thanks for your post on our forums about this billing question, I can see why you're a little confused about when your next bill will come out. 

I can confirm that the date you can see there 👉 28th February - Is the bill generation date. 

Your direct debit should still come out on or around the same date as usual. 

I'll get your feedback about the confusing information fed back to the relevant team so we can improve how it's written. 

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you make any changes to your package bundle at the same time?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have recently changed my package a few days ago, but not at the same time as ordering the 360 upgrade this morning.

I switched to M125 Broadband + Sky Sports HD + Maxit on 25th January, but that's reflected in the new bill price already, my previous plan was M100 and Mix TV for £69.30pm. I hadn't realised the 360 upgrade wasn't included in my new package so I ordered it this morning for the one-off fee as I already have a V6 Box.

The £140.70 isn't unexpected, as it is my new regular bill price (£113.75pm) + activation fee (£29.95) for the 360. My concern is whether I need to pay that on the 28th February as the email suggests (it is "due" then), or whether that's just the bill generation date?

Hi Simon, 

Thanks for your post on our forums about this billing question, I can see why you're a little confused about when your next bill will come out. 

I can confirm that the date you can see there 👉 28th February - Is the bill generation date. 

Your direct debit should still come out on or around the same date as usual. 

I'll get your feedback about the confusing information fed back to the relevant team so we can improve how it's written. 

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Megan_L

Perfect - thanks!

No worries at all Simon! 

If you find you have further issues with your bills, just come back to this thread and we'll be happy to help once again 🙂 

Always here if you need us!

Thanks,

Megan_L