cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account

martintraynor
Tuning in

I'm a new customer and can't get My Virgin Media account set up, due to password issues. Can someone from Virgin help? I've tried contacting Virgin support twice with no success.

8 REPLIES 8

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi martintraynor

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues registering for an online account with us. 

Are you getting any error messages when trying to set your password?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

I get the following message no matter what password I use. All passwords are all valid i.e., Green tick and "All Password requirement met" msg. I think the issue may be due to the first time I tried to register, it asked for Account no and Area code first. I typed in the Account no but had to go looking for area code. By the time I found it, the screen had changed to the password screen. I'm assuming it has moved on with a blank area code. I no longer get asked for the Account & Area code when trying to register. I think I need someone from the IT team to sort this, as I can't from my side.

martintraynor_0-1678293541279.png

You'll be waiting 4 weeks + maybe few months till they sort it. Im still waiting....

Thanks for coming back to us @martintraynor.

Can you possibly try clearing cache on the browser you're using, or see if you can register for the account with an alternative browser?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

I've already tried that as I read this advice on this forum. Anyway, I just cleared all history on Chrome and tried again but same result (did the same for Edge yesterday). I am no longer prompted for the Account No & Area Code during the register process (which I'm assuming should happen), and only get asked for a strong password. I think Virgin technical team needs to fix. I'm astonished that this seems to be a common fault, as setting up an account should not be this difficult. 

Thanks,

Martin

Thanks for coming back to us @martintraynor, and I'm sorry that this issue is ongoing after running the advised troubleshooting.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll be able to look into this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

David was able to help get my account sorted via the Virgin Media IT team.

Thanks again David 🙂

Thanks for the update @martintraynor 

Glad David was able to help get this sorted. 

If you need anything else, let us know 😃

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs