cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account, old email

jamestagg
Joining in

Hi 

I have a ‘new’ virgin media account but I’m using the same email as my old virgin media account and therefore can’t login into the connect app as it says the account is deactivated.

please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jamestagg,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your online account. 

Are you able to register a new account with a different email address?

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jamestagg,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your online account. 

Are you able to register a new account with a different email address?

Alex_Rm

Probably, but it would be annoying as I have to set up an account especially for it. 

also, can I even use a different email than the one I used to reregister?

You would need to register for a new My virgin Media account to go with your new account number.

Can you please confirm if you've done this? If not, please try with a different email address.

Alex_Rm

I can’t make a new account with my email as it says there’s already an account. When I log in with that, it just take me to the old account.

I’ve made a new email to register specifically for this, but it won’t let me register an account. I get an error code Code: DEF01

it also says “please register with the email with the email you used to purchase your virgin media with”

Thanks for trying jamestagg,

So I can help further I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

trepa4
Joining in

I have the same problem. Can you help me please?

Hi trepa4,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues setting up your online account.

So I can take a closer look I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Nipzy
Joining in

I have the same issue. I have just moved house where I previously had a VM contract, and have now got VM installed at the new house. I can only access the old account number details and not the new account number details.
I have already tried to register the new account number to my existing email using the Register Account page, but it only says "You already have an account".