cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account number registered on same email address - can only see old details in My Virgin Media

Tim_K
Joining in

I recently had VM broadband services disconnected when moving house. I subsequently moved to a new address, and later signed up to broadband through VM. Please note I did NOT 'move house' with VM, services were completely cancelled and contract ended.

When later signing up to VM at the new address I used the same email address as I had done when previously a VM broadband customer. 

I am prompted to log in to My Virgin Media to view the status of my order / installation (scheduled in 2 weeks time but external works will need to be done, more info / scheduling about which I am told to view via My Virgin Media, either the app or online), however when I log in to My Virgin Media I cannot see my new account details, and instead only those of the old account that is at my old address and was disconnected some time ago. I have no way of viewing current account details or tracking orders etc.

I have tried changing the email address registered to my old VM account but MY VM doesn't allow me to do that (it says it needs to verify the new email then never sends an email to do so), therefore I am stuck with no way of accessing my new account via My VM.

Nobody in Customers Services phone line was able to help, and via the WhatsApp messaging I have spent hours being shipped around different teams, none of whom have been able to fix what appears at least to be a fairly straightforward issue.

Any help on here would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tim_K

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with setting up your online account for you new install, we will be able to help. 

It sounds like we need to transfer the details over from the disconnected account. To arrange this, I will just need to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat