cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account after moving home cant access because old account is active

daniboy879
Joining in
  • Hi, we moved home I called Virgin to help move the connection to new place. The person on the phone signed me up to a new tariff for the bundle I had. In the process a new account was created for me which I wasn’t aware of. My virgin media app is accessed through my primary email but it’s still linked to the old account which is now inactive. There appears to be no way to de-linking the old account number and linking the new account number to my virgin media app. I don’t really want to set up a new account with different email as I don’t access it and will likely miss important emails. The strange thing is that Virgin do have my current email on the new account as I get emails from them but cannot get online to view my account. Will be grateful if old account can be de-linked and new account linked to my login. 
    Thanks,
69 REPLIES 69

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi daniboy879,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry you've had some issues with your online account, we'll need to do a Move and Transfer to bring it over to the new account.

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi, 

Can someone do this for me too please? 

Hi @Swaldo,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear you're having some problems with accessing your old account.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can investigate and assist you further. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Zach_R,

I also have the same problem here, please can you assist? 

Thanks

Hello Okey1, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

Yes of course I can look into this for you. 

I am going to send you a PM, please can you look our for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks Matt. Will be on the lookout.

Jackpic
Tuning in

Hi,

I have the same issue, cancel my broadband subscription, but now I'm back with a new account number, but on My Virgin Media, I still have the old account and cannot add the new one...

Hi Jackpic,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for the issue you're having with registering an online account. 

Are you trying to register using the same email address as the previous account?

^Martin

Hi,

Following up on this as I cannot still access my new account. Keep getting directed to my old account each time I log in, despite resetting login password.

Regards