cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Volt Packages dumped Ultimate Oomph

AndySB123
Tuning in

I got the Ultimate Oomph package in February, the lot all TV, 600meg Internet, sim... 

I was told by the sales team then that because I'm on Ultimate Oomph that I will always get the fastest broadband speed available in my area as part of the package... Great, fantastic! 

We now have 1Gig in my area, I called up to ask will I be getting upgraded as per what the sales team told me.... Nope..... Apparently (the call center persons own Scottish words) "Ultimate Oomph doesn't exist anymore its defunct"

Soooooo what does that mean? I'm. Not getting it? Only thing he could say is you can pay £90 a month to get it.... I then repeat what the sales team told me again about having the fastest broadband speed when available....

His reply, "Ultimate Oomph doesn't exist anymore nothing I can do" 

Brick wall............

Went on chat to see if I could get someone who is half helpful....... Oh why did I think that?

2 hours later of forward and back chatting/asking managers............ 

So do I get it upgraded? 

Her reply

"yes but you will have to call the Ultimate Oomph team because I cannot do it from here and we cannot talk to them for you" 

I find it ironic for a communications company they cannot communicate internally to themselves (face-palming) 

None of the customer facing staff know what to say 

36 REPLIES 36

Question you need answering is can you merely transfer the number on your existing VM oomph SIM bundle? Without requiring a re-contract or new SIMO, or any other change to the existing Oomph bundle. 

After all, you ported the number over to VM when you signed up. You were assigned a different number originally by VM on the SIM you received at the time,  would be great if that number could simply be reverted, allowing you to transfer your current number to another provider. 

Doubt it is that simple though!  In my experience of VM, communication is perhaps not the best between various teams within the company. Hence, why you are struggling to get a definitive answer even here. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's just not how a PAC works. It's specifically designed across the industry to cancel the account for the mobile number at your existing provider.

So there is no mechanism in place to use a PAC and take your number elsewhere while keeping the underlying mobile account running.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

But its not a PAC that's the issue. Its the lack of procedure for VM to issue another SIM with a new number because you don't recognise oomph anymore because it suits you. Even though you yourself have paste the contractual T&C's where you clearly say you do this!!!! In law, the contract wins...

In my opinion, that's holding me to ransom, an unfair contract. I say unfair, because its not a question of ending a contract early or not paying for it as the reason even though the oomph SIM has been a disaster (hence reason wanting to port number away).

VM could at least offer to transfer number to an O2 SIM and call the package a Volt package from that point on, or allow the transfer out and adjust oomph to a volt package at similar pricing.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@unisoft wrote:

VM could at least offer to transfer number to an O2 SIM and call the package a Volt package from that point on, or allow the transfer out and adjust oomph to a volt package at similar pricing.

Moving from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt and moving the linked mobile number from Virgin Mobile to O2 is possible. That would move you from M600 to Gig1 as that's what's in Ultimate Volt (or you'd remain on M600 until Gig1 is available in your area).

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Stop using common sense..

This is a company who can't even get facts straight between the 2 sister companies....

Its not ultimate oomph. It's a normal bundle oomph.

We don't mind the number going to an O2 SIM or being able to port out (even if we still had the oomph SIM and paying for it under original bundle even though we wouldn't use it and in fact, when forced to Voda will not be able to because of little or no signal anyway). We just don't want the current bundle pricing to change, or change very little.

Here are the facts:

VM CS *can* PAC transfer a number AND then re-issue a new SIM with a new number to continue the oomph contract till the end. Anyone saying they can't is talking tosh. Ring in and explain clearly that you are not looking to cancel the SIM or get out of the contract and just want to port the number away.