cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Volt Packages dumped Ultimate Oomph

AndySB123
Tuning in

I got the Ultimate Oomph package in February, the lot all TV, 600meg Internet, sim... 

I was told by the sales team then that because I'm on Ultimate Oomph that I will always get the fastest broadband speed available in my area as part of the package... Great, fantastic! 

We now have 1Gig in my area, I called up to ask will I be getting upgraded as per what the sales team told me.... Nope..... Apparently (the call center persons own Scottish words) "Ultimate Oomph doesn't exist anymore its defunct"

Soooooo what does that mean? I'm. Not getting it? Only thing he could say is you can pay £90 a month to get it.... I then repeat what the sales team told me again about having the fastest broadband speed when available....

His reply, "Ultimate Oomph doesn't exist anymore nothing I can do" 

Brick wall............

Went on chat to see if I could get someone who is half helpful....... Oh why did I think that?

2 hours later of forward and back chatting/asking managers............ 

So do I get it upgraded? 

Her reply

"yes but you will have to call the Ultimate Oomph team because I cannot do it from here and we cannot talk to them for you" 

I find it ironic for a communications company they cannot communicate internally to themselves (face-palming) 

None of the customer facing staff know what to say 

36 REPLIES 36

So if the oomph SIM is 30 days then surely it can be cancelled as the requirement is only rolling 30 days?

This shouldn't affect the rest of the bundle pricing. The rest of the bundle would be 12/18 months, but your saying oomph is 30?

@BenMcr wrote:

@unisoft wrote:

Does that mean an oomph SIM can be cancelled months down the line without affecting the discounted package (with TV/BB/Landline)?

Reason I ask is, that other half has a VM account with oomph SIM and they want to transfer their number off but need to know if that would suddenly reset package pricing (even though it was basically a freebie). Its either transfer number which cancels the SIM or get VM CS to allow transfer and issue another number so the package still has an oomph SIM.

Thanks.

If you have an Oomph bundle, then the SIM is a required element. If you cancel the Oomph SIM, then the Oomph benefits would be removed from the cable services.

Same for Volt - if you cancel all eligible O2 SIMs, then Volt benefits would be removed.

But as Oomph is now retired there isn't much scope to make changes without it affecting the Oomph offer.

So in theory, the oomph sims aren't really 30 days as you'll get penalised for dropping the sim part of the package.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@unisoft wrote:

What a mess by VM!

So cant transfer number out because VM then want to sell you another O2 sim instead?

They'd just simply cancel the oomph SIM and then put onto a new VOLT contract with no possibility of a transfer of number out.

Who thinks these things up in VM? They say they understand the customer - only if its simplicity.

When Oomph was available and you used a PAC or STAC for your Oomph mobile number then the existing Oomph SIM would be cancelled. PAC or STAC aren't designed to transfer a number out while maintaining the mobile plan.

So at that point you would need to take out a new Oomph SIM with a new mobile number or move another Virgin Mobile number you already had to the Oomph bundle. If you didn't, then the Oomph benefits would be removed from your cable account.

The difference now is that new Oomph changes aren't available. So all new quad product offers from Virgin Media O2 are Virgin Media cable services and O2 mobile services.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@unisoft wrote:

So if the oomph SIM is 30 days then surely it can be cancelled as the requirement is only rolling 30 days?

This shouldn't affect the rest of the bundle pricing. The rest of the bundle would be 12/18 months, but your saying oomph is 30?

When you take out services, you have a minimum term that you have those services for. Within that minimum term the price or service component could change.

It is part of the terms of Oomph that if you remove the mobile element, your cable services may change:

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/FMC-terms-and-condi...

L2. If you cancel your mobile service by using your PAC code to switch to a new mobile service provider your SIM will stop working and we will be unable to provide mobile services to you using the same mobile number. Depending on the services you have in your package we will either:
1. automatically move your other services to the nearest equivalent package without a mobile service taking into account your current allowances and usage; or
2. where there is no equivalent package we will send you a new SIM with a new number as soon as possible to enable you to continue using your service as usual.
If you end your mobile service your other services will continue and your minimum period will be unaffected.
If we have to send you a new SIM in accordance with Section L.2.2 we may need to run a credit check on your account. If your account is in arrears, or if your payment history is poor, you may be required to clear your balance before we can send you a new SIM.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Agreed "when you take out service" - Just to be clear - quite happy for all the services to run original length of agreed contract.

Contract agreed was EE at that time - then VM forced to Voda which doesn't work properly, sure its back on EE now, but that wont be for the duration of the bundle contract as you have to be off EE this year!

Quite happy to let the SIM run and not use it but what my other half wants is their number transferred out so they can use a decent service.

Under your T&C's - its sounds like a re-issue of a SIM card with new number; except you said in another post they oomph does not exist anymore so you cant even honour the contractual part?!

Please tell me BenMCR HOW a customer is able to transfer their number out, without affecting the contract as the customer happy with length of the contract and is not looking to get out of that. They simply want their number back.

Hi @unisoft 

Just to clarify, you're looking to transfer out a number that's attached to the oomph bundle?  And then attach a new number to the oomph bundle to retain the package?  If you speak to customer services, they may be able to look into it for you.  It would have to be over the phone as (if it is possible) it would involve a new credit check to generate the new SIM and that would have to be agreed to by the account holder in real time.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Lee_R

How would that work, another member here @BenMCR who is also a VM employee has stated that VM no longer offer Oomph Sims?

Good morning,

If you call the team, they can advise further 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS wrote:

Good morning,

If you call the team, they can advise further 🙂

Best,

Why can't it be advised on here? Baffles me sometimes this place.

Exactly.

Customer doesn't want to terminate or shorten to get out of the provided SIM as part of the bundle. This is not the issue.

They merely want to transfer their number that is not part of the original contract, elsewhere as the oomph SIM will be forced to Voda which doesn't work here (no 4G signal at all, barely 3G) and the current EE it was put back onto doesn't offer Wifi Calling, 5G (in other areas) or HD Voice that the Voda service does. The original contract with VM was for EE coverage (and the ONLY network provider at the time) which will now be forced off due to VM's countdown on EE.

No issue with changing to the Voda even though it won't work - we just want the number ported away. I think that is a compromise that is not unreasonable for both sides.