cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Volt Packages dumped Ultimate Oomph

AndySB123
Tuning in

I got the Ultimate Oomph package in February, the lot all TV, 600meg Internet, sim... 

I was told by the sales team then that because I'm on Ultimate Oomph that I will always get the fastest broadband speed available in my area as part of the package... Great, fantastic! 

We now have 1Gig in my area, I called up to ask will I be getting upgraded as per what the sales team told me.... Nope..... Apparently (the call center persons own Scottish words) "Ultimate Oomph doesn't exist anymore its defunct"

Soooooo what does that mean? I'm. Not getting it? Only thing he could say is you can pay £90 a month to get it.... I then repeat what the sales team told me again about having the fastest broadband speed when available....

His reply, "Ultimate Oomph doesn't exist anymore nothing I can do" 

Brick wall............

Went on chat to see if I could get someone who is half helpful....... Oh why did I think that?

2 hours later of forward and back chatting/asking managers............ 

So do I get it upgraded? 

Her reply

"yes but you will have to call the Ultimate Oomph team because I cannot do it from here and we cannot talk to them for you" 

I find it ironic for a communications company they cannot communicate internally to themselves (face-palming) 

None of the customer facing staff know what to say 

36 REPLIES 36

Nope, it's a 12 month contract VM have told me. 

As I am in exactly that predicament, the SIMO  I have Oomphed my package, apparently the SIM has a 12 month contract.

VM have advised that the SIMO only packages were either 12 month contracts or 24 month contracts previously. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Standalone SIM only plans are 12 or 24 months. Oomph SIM plans should all be 30 days.

Check your mobile online account or the Virgin Media app. That should show you if you are under a 12 or 24 month term

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Does that mean an oomph SIM can be cancelled months down the line without affecting the discounted package (with TV/BB/Landline)?

Reason I ask is, that other half has a VM account with oomph SIM and they want to transfer their number off but need to know if that would suddenly reset package pricing (even though it was basically a freebie). Its either transfer number which cancels the SIM or get VM CS to allow transfer and issue another number so the package still has an oomph SIM.

Thanks.

Even before volt, any changes to a bundle would mean you lose your introductory offers.

I spoke to VM about my Oomph package but was told that the SIMO element on it was on a 12 month contract and if I left I would be penalised. 

But I've since been told that Oomph SIMO's were on 30 day contracts, confused now!

In any case the price would go up by changing the bundle.

All seems a bit daft to me, why are existing VM customers being penalised? Existing O2 customers seem to have everything to gain at the expense of existing VM mobile customers.  

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@unisoft wrote:

Does that mean an oomph SIM can be cancelled months down the line without affecting the discounted package (with TV/BB/Landline)?

Reason I ask is, that other half has a VM account with oomph SIM and they want to transfer their number off but need to know if that would suddenly reset package pricing (even though it was basically a freebie). Its either transfer number which cancels the SIM or get VM CS to allow transfer and issue another number so the package still has an oomph SIM.

Thanks.

If you have an Oomph bundle, then the SIM is a required element. If you cancel the Oomph SIM, then the Oomph benefits would be removed from the cable services.

Same for Volt - if you cancel all eligible O2 SIMs, then Volt benefits would be removed.

But as Oomph is now retired there isn't much scope to make changes without it affecting the Oomph offer.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shroko wrote:

All seems a bit daft to me, why are existing VM customers being penalised? Existing O2 customers seem to have everything to gain at the expense of existing VM mobile customers.  

Existing Oomph customers can move to Volt fairly easily and transfer their number over to O2, but as said it would remove any introductory offer you currently have and you would get any current existing customer Volt offers available.

Customers with separate Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile could also move to Volt, however how easily that would be depending on their Virgin Mobile contract - Freestyle SIMs are also on a 30 day term as are SIM Only customers outside a minimum term.

Oomph has been available since early 2019, so anyone who currently has a separate SIM Only or Classic 12 or 24 month minimum term specifically chose that over going for an Oomph bundle.

I still not clear what can be done.

Customer simply wants to transfer number away as it wasn't Virgins originally anyway.

Customer doesn't mind if oopmh SIM has to continue as part of the bundle.

Its not customer fault if the only way to do a simple transfer of number is PAC. Surely CS can flag the SIM to be kept on original terms and just issue a default new number? The SIM had a number before one was imported originally.

Customer can't redo an oomph package either as oomph terms do not exist...

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you use a PAC then the SIM gets cancelled. That's how PAC and STAC work on all providers.

You can't now link an Oomph cable bundle to another Virgin Mobile SIM.

So to get a quad bundle it would have be Volt and new O2 SIM.

As I've said already, that does really feel like existing VM mobile customers have been abandoned in favour of existing O2 customers. 

What benefit is there to a VM customer who already has a VM mobile package? Whether that's a standalone SIM or not. 

Meanwhile, an O2 customer even if they're mid way through their contract, can change the tariff to double data no problem!

What a mess by VM!

So cant transfer number out because VM then want to sell you another O2 sim instead?

They'd just simply cancel the oomph SIM and then put onto a new VOLT contract with no possibility of a transfer of number out.

Who thinks these things up in VM? They say they understand the customer - only if its simplicity.

The whole thing is because VM Mobile has no signal for 4G Vodafone in the area concerned, VM have reverted back to EE where there is no 5G or wifi calling (yep, the device did have that on Voda) or HD voice (again had this on Voda) and the data rate was 2-7mbps compared to 60+ on EE.