cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New VOLT Contract - Update, Questions & Ordering

WhaleTrain
Tuning in

Hey,

So I placed an order for the Big VOLT bundle last night but am yet to have an update on my order - I have an existing VM contract and with upgrades (where I've then started a new contract) in the past they've always been instant - is there extra time as this is a VOLT package?

In addition, as I'm in the process of upgrading to, not only VOLT, but GIG1, how can I go on about ordering a Hub 5 and the subsequent Wi-Fi 'boosters'? Upon attempting to order, I couldn't find anything to allow me to order these alongside the contract renewal.

When speaking to retentions, it was stated that the Hub 5 was exclusive to the GIG1 package and was my main reason for considering as the Hub 4's Wi-Fi doesn't allow me to fully utilise Wi-Fi 6 devices - not only this, but to take advantage of the Wi-Fi boosters.

9 REPLIES 9

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @WhaleTrain, thanks for your post on our Community Forum, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the issue with the newly ordered Volt contract.

I understand that you have since been able to speak to our team in relation to this matter.

Can you please confirm if your queries have now been answered, or if you are still requiring any further information?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

I believe, based on other posts on here that there can be up to a two weeks delay before the ‘Volt’ benefits kick in. 

Also there is absolutely no guarantee that you will get a Hub 5 (and no, it absolutely isn’t exclusive to Gig1 customers, so that was simply a lie) - VM maintain that the Hub 4 is suitable for the one Gig provision (the WiFi 6 issue notwithstanding), and they’ll send you whatever they happen to have in stock at the time.

Some posters on here have stated that they called Retentions asked for a Hub 5 and received it while others reported that this request was simply denied, or agreed but then another Hub 4 turned up!

It’s all a bit of a coin-toss really.

Hi there,

Seems I was being a little impatient as I had an email from Websales to say that the order has now been actioned.

My point on the Hub 5/Boosters still stands though - how can I request one?

I had a feeling that was the case as a way to simply upgrade people but nice heads up so appreciate it.

Once my account has updated, I'll chase Retentions or if David can give us any insight.

Thank you for letting us know @WhaleTrain 

Were you told that there would be an upgrade to the Hub 5 as part of your deal? If so does your My Virgin Media App show any deliveries pending? 

Once your Volt benefits have activated you can download the Connect App to run checks on connections, if a Pod is found to be needed you can order one via the app.

Hi Ashleigh,

So when I accessed my account and saw the package option, it showed a Hub 5 in the image, stated a Hub 5 in the description and when I queried with Retentions (before taking the online deal) he mentioned that the Hub 5 is 'exclusive' to the GIG1.

My order has gone through but no mention of the Hub 5.

I have many Wi-Fi 6 devices so I'd like to take full advatange of this - not great to be told this, sign up to a NEW 18m contract and now I'm having trouble even finding out - it's like no-one wants to talk about the Hub 5?

Thank you for popping back to us @WhaleTrain and I am so sorry for any confusion. 

To clarify did the agent state that there would be a Hub 5 coming with your deal? Was the Hub 5 mentioned on any emails confirmations etc that you had from us? 

I'm a little confused here Ashleigh.

I've already stated here that the Agent I spoke to in retentions made it a thing that it was something that came with GIG1 connections and was my main focus for upgrading as I have Wi-Fi 6 devices.

Both the photo of the deal and details had a Hub 5 in them but upon purchasing I've not had anything within my confirmation or contract.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for any confusion caused, WhaleTrain. 

When you upgraded online - you would have been sent a contract/upgrade document over email which would outlay all information relating to the package you have chosen. Do you have that? It is usually over a PDF format - if you are able to, can you please take a look and see whether this is stated on there. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.