cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Where is my O2 Sim and Netflix?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Virgin,

I am within my 14 day cooling off period and I am reaching out to to you via this forum to see if this is a more effective way to communicate with you, rather than your customer services who are lacking in some basic skills.

My connection went live on 15th April, Ultimate Volt Bundle. 

Where is the Unlimited O2 Data Sim?

After placing the order 3 weeks ago online I am yet to receive any communication by post or email from O2 about the Unlimited Data Sim Included in my package. I have also not seen any direct debit setup by them either. 

I have contacted O2 and they have no record of me as a customer and cannot offer me the same Unlimited Data Sim for £25 per month for 18 months. 

Where is my Netflix Subscription Included in my £60 per month Virgin Services

I have received no details on how to access the Netflix Standard Subscription you advertised when I placed the order.

I contacted customer services and they were not able to give me a clear answer of when and how i could access this. It was suggested that I do not pay Virgin for this service and it is a "Free Gift". I advised the member of staff I was paying for services from 15/04/2021 so I expect to be able to take benefit of Netflix. I was told this is not they way things work. 

The advice I was given wait a week and I should hear about the Netflix. 

I am hoping someone from Virgin sees this and try's to resolve this issue. If not I will be exercising my rights to cool off and stay with Sky Q. 

Thanks

Anthony 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Anonymous 

It's possible that your netflix problem is connected with the issue that has been affecting the majority of customers since the free standard netflix was introduced.

The Modteam have updated the pinned post at the top of this forum today with the following :-

Update: 03/05/2022

Hi, 

this issue has been resolved and we are in the process of rectifying affected accounts. You should receive an email with further details, once the issue with your specific account has been fixed. 

Emails will be sent to the registered email address on your account; if for any reason you do not receive an email over the next 24 hours please check your online MyVM account, when the issue has been resolved on your account you will then see an 'activate' button. This button will take you through the next steps. 

Modteam

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

41 REPLIES 41

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Jonesanthony, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your package already I can take a look for you to make sure your SIM was correctly put through on our end. 

With Nextflix have you received an email advising you to activate it from here?

Keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zoie,

Just replied to your direct message.

Definitely not had an email about Netflix, checked junk and all other emails.

It appears many countless other customers posting on this forum have had similar experience.

Thanks

Anthony

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Virgin Media,

I am severely disappointed in your customer services. In excess of 1.5 hours on the phone over 2 days. I fear my patience is growing very close to the line with regards to exercising my cooling off rights. If this is how you treat a customer who is new and in a very strong position to walk away; i fear how you treat your customers mid contract with issues where they have little option to stay and put up with terrible customer service. 

Observations:

- You clearly have a broken online ordering system, when customers signup to Virgin Media and O2. Orders for O2 are not being processed. 

- You clearly have a broken online ordering system. Netflix benefits are not being added to new accounts.

- You need better training for your UK and Offshore staff. I have current contracts with EE and SKY who are clearly able to provide more efficient customer service. Yours is on a different level of poor, inadequate and in-efficient.  Your competition are leaps and bounds better at customer services. 

- Unsure if a complaint has been recorded. 

- Constant passing off Virgin Media against O2 and vice versa. Blaming each other. 

Complaint

I have asked a number of times during my calls to have this recorded as a complaint. I am being told I will get a call back this afternoon but i cannot be provided with a complaint reference number. 

Update re Netflix 

I am told this has now been added and i will receive an email about this within 24 hours. Time will tell if this is the case. 

Update re O2 Sim.

O2 - I now have an order confirmation email, its incorrect. The advisor says its an error and "trust me" its unlimited data.

Item(s) ordered: 2 Standard Delivery £0.00
        1 Ultimate Volt O2 Sim Only 250GB £25 £0.00
        Order number: REDACTED
VAT Included: £0.00
Total: £0.00

I have called O2 and they have confirmed the sim is 250GB not unlimited. They are refusing to help me any further and have asked I call Virgin Media. I have refused to call back Virgin Media and asked O2 to record a complaint, so this can be handled in accordance with the Ofcom Code of Conduct. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Regrettably, this issue continues and seems to be getting worse. 

Shocking service from O2; it seems like the issues are deep routed in Virgin Media O2 collectively; they are now telling me they want to charge me extra for the unlimited data. 

Unwilling to record a complaint as per https://www.o2.co.uk/sites/default/files/2018-08/Customer%20Complaints%20Code_0.pdf/ 

I have requested a callback from a manager. 24-28 hours. 

Email also sent to complaintreviewservice@o2.com 

Thanks

Anthony

Anonymous
Not applicable

Further update. I have now received an email from O2 advising my sim has been dispatched and the Volt Benefit has been applied. That part is looking more positive.

Still no email relating to Netflix.

Awaiting for confirmation from Community Moderator they have recorded a complaint as the two member of staff in the off-shore call centre i spoke to today failed to record a complaint despite me requesting. 

Also the member of staff I spoke to today did not call me back as promised.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am fully capable of raising a complaint as previously stated and will help you try to come to a resolution. 

Please let me know how you want to proceed 🙂

Zoie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please proceed with raising a complaint, key points

1) male member of staff I spoke to yesterday never called me back

2) I still have no Netflix welcome email and cannot access

3) I had to chase o2 sim and spend time sorting this issue out. SIM card has been delivered this morning though.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you, I can see you have already messaged me those points and I will pop back over to PM, so I can get this raised for you @Anonymous.

Zoie

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is with regret that two weeks on I am still without the Netflix Subscription Virgin Media agreed to provide. It has been removed and added to my account twice now but no activation emails ever arrive in inbox or junk email. 

I have a failed callback from Virgins offshore callcentre and also one from their cancellations team where a UK member of staff hasn't called me back either. 

I have a complaint open but no meaningful update. 

Anyone have any suggestions in getting Virgin Media to resolve this Netflix issue?