cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Unable to Create a VM Account

cutthroat_jake
Tuning in

Hi,

I had VM broadband installed on Thursday and I am unable to register/create an account, using the link from the email I was sent.
I get as far as the page to create a password, but cannot get any further, despite trying multiple combinations of passwords and seemingly meeting the password criteria.

i.e. Password must: Be between 8 and 64 characters long and Not contain your username.

I repeatedly get the message: "You can't use that password. Please choose another".

How can I get past this and create an account?
4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cutthroat_jake,

Welcome to our Community Forums, and thank you for your first post! Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with registering for an online account at the moment!

I do apologise that you're having some issues setting up a password. Please try the following options when choosing a password for your online account:

• No special characters
  • Only letters and numbers
  • Must begin with a letter
  • Try keeping the password between 8-10 characters

Let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance after this. We're here to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

Unfortunately, I've tried all of those combinations already, with no success.

Never mind my last! Reducing the password to 9 characters worked! Thanks. 🙂

Hi @cutthroat_jake,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this! Glad to hear that you've been able to have this issue resolved by amending your password length!

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. We're here if you need us. 🙂

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs