cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - No Account Number or Area Reference

gw95
Tuning in

I have just signed up as a new customer for a broadband-only package due to be installed in early February.

I have received an order confirmation email and an order documents email (with two attachments).

I am now trying to sign up for an online My Virgin Media account but cannot do so as I do not have an Account Number or Customer Area Reference. I can see there is space for these two numbers on my Contract Information Sheet but the fields are blank.

Does anyone know how I am able to obtain these two pieces of information in order for me to set up my online account, please? 

I’m not sure if this is something that will arrive later but I can see others seem to have faced this issue previously - and I’d like to get this sorted sooner rather than later if it does turn out to be an issue. I would call customer service to ask but I can see others have said you need to know your Account Number in order to call.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That's amazing! So glad you've managed to register 🙌

If you've not already, don't forget to download the mobile app - it makes managing your accounts on the go so easy. 

All the best.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

gw95
Tuning in

Update: I have just received an eBilling email containing both my Account Number and Area Reference.

Now when I try to register for an online account I get an error message with the code: DEF01. What does this mean?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gw95,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues registering for an online account

I'm glad to hear that you've been able to locate the needed information to register, but sorry that you're seeing a problem when registering.

Would you be able to share a screenshot of this error message so we can look into this further for you?

Let us know so we can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi @Paulina_Z. Thanks for getting back to me, the issues with registration now seem to be fixed. I’ve managed to gain access to my online account.

That's amazing! So glad you've managed to register 🙌

If you've not already, don't forget to download the mobile app - it makes managing your accounts on the go so easy. 

All the best.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team