cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract with Sim query

Apparelyzed
Tuning in

Hi,

My broadband/phone/tv 18 month package deal ended last month for which I was paying £50 a month. Virgin then increased the price to £80 per month. I rang virgin and they gave me a new package with the same internet speed (M125) phone and tv (which I don’t use). 

The new price was quoted at £53 for 18 months. 

When I received my contract details it says I’m being charged £44 per month for 18 months and £53 after the fixed term. I also appear to have volt added which I have no use for and have been sent texts and emails  from O2 to say I’ll be charged £5 per month for 2gb data. 

Does the above sound right?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Apparelyzed, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Sometimes, it does work out that having a Volt deal can mean your overall price is cheaper. This is due to having extra discount for the more products/services you have. 

Some people take the O2 SIM card and keep it as a spare and others will move their number over and use the SIM as it saves them money as they'll no longer be paying for the 3rd party SIM then. 

It is totally up to you what you wish to do but please be aware that the O2 SIM payment is separate and you're billed directly via them each month. 

If you do decide that you want to move your Tesco SIM over to your O2 SIM, you can do this by requesting a PAC from Tesco and then giving this directly to O2. They will then arrange the number port and your Tesco service would then cease. 

Let us know if you have any further queries. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Apparelyzed 👋,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry for any issues and confusion with your new package deal.

I'd suggest speaking with our team on 0345 454 1111 so they can take a closer look into this for you as we can not make any changes to your deal via the Forums, if so required. 

Let us know how you get on.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

It's not really a problem as it works out cheaper than I was told!

I am a bit confused what I'm supposed to do with the sim card though. I already have a sim only contract with Tesco Mobile, so don't need it. is it just a case of filing it in the drawer as I did with the TV box?

Thanks.

Hi Apparelyzed, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Sometimes, it does work out that having a Volt deal can mean your overall price is cheaper. This is due to having extra discount for the more products/services you have. 

Some people take the O2 SIM card and keep it as a spare and others will move their number over and use the SIM as it saves them money as they'll no longer be paying for the 3rd party SIM then. 

It is totally up to you what you wish to do but please be aware that the O2 SIM payment is separate and you're billed directly via them each month. 

If you do decide that you want to move your Tesco SIM over to your O2 SIM, you can do this by requesting a PAC from Tesco and then giving this directly to O2. They will then arrange the number port and your Tesco service would then cease. 

Let us know if you have any further queries. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team