cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract Issues

richcox13
On our wavelength

Hello,

Firstly, Im hoping that I am in the correct forum section for these questions please.

Q1 : - We have just added for another 18 month contract the following on, 17 July 2021.

MAXIT TV , Phone Free WeekEnds , 350 Fibre - Term 18 Months

When speaking to sales, I was told that the services for TV would remain what I had on previous contract package, which was all TV , but NO Movies or Sport.

We do have channels as before, but Kids channels are missing, Cartoon Network and such Like.

Is this correct ?, or maybe I misheard..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Q2 : - Now moving on from Fibre 200 onto Fibre 350, I have been speed testing. And the speeds are no different than that when on Fibre 200. Fibre 200, was at average 43 - 77mbs , tonight speed tests are below, 3 {three} tests were carries out at ; https://www.speedtest.net/

1 - Ping ; 19ms - 36.18 / 35.98 Mbps

2 - Ping ; 21ms - 40.44 / 36.03 Mbps

3 - Ping ; 23ms - 35.71 / 36.35 Mbps

TOTAL D/L ; 112.33

TOTAL U/L ; 108.36

Average Speed U/L = 36.12

The Upload Speeds have increased very much as you can see , but downloads are terrible.

Tests was with laptop and PC, connected to CAT5E, Direct to modem, nothing else connected.All WI-FI was turned off at the time of test. Before test, both laptop and PC were rebooted, PC has been re-installed about 4 months ago, minimun apps. Laptop re-install 7 weeks ago, again minimun apps.. All drivers are of current manufactuers drivers.

Ive included the Router logs at the end of this message.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Network Log ( 19.07.2021 : 03.28 )
Time Priority Description
19/07/2021 02:20:13 notice LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
19/07/2021 02:18:56 Warning! LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/07/2021 23:18:29 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/07/2021 21:53:10 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/07/2021 08:05:56 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/07/2021 23:18:1 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/07/2021 20:03:18 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/07/2021 10:56:4 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/07/2021 08:58:54 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
16/07/2021 20:44:3 notice LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
16/07/2021 19:34:39 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
16/07/2021 09:02:13 Warning! Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
15/07/2021 19:10:15 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
15/07/2021 19:10:15 Warning! Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
15/07/2021 19:10:14 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
15/07/2021 19:10:13 Warning! Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
15/07/2021 19:10:8 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
15/07/2021 11:18:54 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
14/07/2021 15:55:25 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
14/07/2021 15:55:13 Warning! Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm just going to pickup the TV-specific bit here...

@richcox13 wrote:

Q1 : - We have just added for another 18 month contract the following on, 17 July 2021.

When speaking to sales, I was told that the services for TV would remain what I had on previous contract package, which was all TV , but NO Movies or Sport.

We do have channels as before, but Kids channels are missing, Cartoon Network and such Like.

The Full-House/XL bundles were changed a few years back, and the current variant (Maxit) no longer includes the chargeable kids channels - these are now part of the "kids pack" add-on that is chargeable at £5/month unless you negotiate it to be part of your package.

You're only a few days in from taking this package, so you're in a very strong position to callback to the retentions area and ask for this to be part of your new package - as to what it'll cost, is upto them. If you're not happy with whatever deal they offer you, then you still have 12days to decide whether to take whatever package they offer or cancel your "renewal" and revert to your old bundle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

The network log shows that the hub isn't able to maintain reliable contact with the vm network due to noise or power problems.  That's normally easily resolved, but given the contract issues you might want to get both sorted in one call, by phoning VM, selecting options for stuff like "about my account" and "thinking of leaving for other reasons", and explain to the agent that your re-contract has been botched, the connection is poor, so unless they can sort both you're going to have to cancel within your 14 day cooling off period.

Or you can wait for the forum staff to pick up your message - they'll do their best to help but if its your word against VM's then they may not be able to review call recordings to see what was agreed, and you'll have a problem.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm just going to pickup the TV-specific bit here...

@richcox13 wrote:

The Full-House/XL bundles were changed a few years back, and the current variant (Maxit) no longer includes the chargeable kids channels - these are now part of the "kids pack" add-on that is chargeable at £5/month unless you negotiate it to be part of your package.

You're only a few days in from taking this package, so you're in a very strong position to callback to the retentions area and ask for this to be part of your new package - as to what it'll cost, is upto them. If you're not happy with whatever deal they offer you, then you still have 12days to decide whether to take whatever package they offer or cancel your "renewal" and revert to your old bundle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi richcox13,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened with your Package and Broadband. 

I have been able to locate your account and would like to assist in investigating this and helping to resolve this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can clear some data protection and go from there. 

^Martin