cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract After Home Move...

danedwards94
Tuning in

Hello everyone!

I've been a VM customer since 26th February 2021, it was an 18mo contract. We moved this month and were able to take our services with us. Great!

So, we're up and running but I see I have a new contract which now runs until  27th February 2023. This would not be a problem if the price was not going to rise after my initial term.

We moved in our initial term and did not change our services therefore did not agree/warrant a new contract which to me breaches this in the Ts and Cs;

If you move home during your minimum period and we have agreed to continue providing the same services at your new address then your minimum period will continue (for example, where your services are on a 12 month minimum period, if you move during month 7 of your minimum period, the remaining 5 months of your minimum period will apply). In all other circumstances a new minimum period may apply. 

I'd appreciate if someone could look into this as I did not agree to and was not told about a new contract...

I should have my original contract end date reinstated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi danedwards94,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have had issues with both the contract and the services since moving, I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and will be more than happy to help you, so I can help further I will send you a invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi danedwards94,

Best of luck in your new home. Hope you settle in quickly

This happens from time to time. A customer moves address but doesn't make any changes to their package so the original contract should just continue.

A member of the Forum team will pick this up for you in a day or two and help get it fixed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

danedwards94
Tuning in

Update:

Tonight our services have stopped.

Like last night... I had to call to get my services activated despite them being  active for over a week...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also if they attempt to increase prices during a contract term you can leave without penalty. 

If you do not call and tell them you're leaving when the price increase is notified (30 days) you would be deemed to have accepted the price increases.

Hi danedwards94,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have had issues with both the contract and the services since moving, I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and will be more than happy to help you, so I can help further I will send you a invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul. 

That's been done. I'll chat through there and close this thread once resolved. Thanks Paul

UPDATE:

Paul has kindly informed me my contract end date has been updated their side but wont show on the contract itself... Next years problem it is.

Thanks for all your help Paul!

Hi @danedwards94,

Glad Paul was able to help get this updated for you 🙂

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need anything else. 

Kind Regards,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

lacoulson88
Joining in

Hi 

I signed an 18 month contract in nov 2020 for my old house running to May 2022

In may 2021 i moved house and switched my address as I was happy with the service.

I was charged a large amount for changing of 2 Bill's and now I see my contract has been changed to a new 18 month starting from  29th may 2021 to November 2022.

The agreed discount is also dropping off in may 2022 which will increase my price and It says will extend my contract to nov 22 so I cannot cancel in may if I wanted to.

I spoke with billing who lied to myself saying documents did not state this and even sent me the contracts which showed it has been extended. I told agent this and he just said it doesnt

Its caused a major stress as he did not listen. I suffer from bad phone anxiety and it did not help. 

I dont understand why my contract was extended and I was assured this wouldn't happen

Any assistance please

@lacoulson88 wrote:

Hi 

I signed an 18 month contract in nov 2020 for my old house running to May 2022

In may 2021 i moved house and switched my address as I was happy with the service.

I was charged a large amount for changing of 2 Bill's and now I see my contract has been changed to a new 18 month starting from  29th may 2021 to November 2022.

The agreed discount is also dropping off in may 2022 which will increase my price and It says will extend my contract to nov 22 so I cannot cancel in may if I wanted to.

I spoke with billing who lied to myself saying documents did not state this and even sent me the contracts which showed it has been extended. I told agent this and he just said it doesnt

Its caused a major stress as he did not listen. I suffer from bad phone anxiety and it did not help. 

I dont understand why my contract was extended and I was assured this wouldn't happen

Any assistance please

the only way you would be in a new contract is if you changed anything on your package when you moved house - if you did not then VM did the change over wrongly - certainly not the first time - wait for VM to pick up the thread and they can look at it and should be able to sort things out if you did just move with nothing changing

Tony.
Sacked VIP