Menu
imcdonald04
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

New Build Team

Hi guys

I’ve seen the various posts from others on getting connected in a new build. My estate has a VM engineer who referred us to the sales team. We were contacted over a week ago by a girl who couldn’t find our address but has since confirmed with the engineer that the house is 100% and it’s the VM system that doesn’t have an the address. She told the engineer she would push to get the address on the system.

I’ve not heard anything since the intitial call, so i called the normal sales line. The guy i spoke to had thr same issues and I don’t think he could be bothered with it and he ended up cold transferring me, at which point i gave up for the night. I’m kind of at a loss as to what to do and ive seen the various issues with contacting the New Build team. I have a 12 year who is contemplating leaving home as she has no wifi 😂

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Iain
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Build Team

Hi Iain

I have a 12 year old daughter....I feel your pain Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

If you'd like to pop a PM back to me with the following details I'll take a look into this for you with the teams Smiley Happy

• Your name
  • The full address
  • Your preferred contact number
  • The developers name
  • The development name

To PM* me, simply:

Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

imcdonald04
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Pm sent Karen. Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iain

I've popped that over to the NHB teams (National Home Builders) to see if this is something they can pick up.

If not they will give me advice on how best to support you as this may need a Spotter etc.

I'll let you know as soon as they get back to me .

Speak soon..... tell your daughter not to pack her bags just yet Smiley Wink

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iain

The teams are looking into this for us.

I've been copied into mails chasing this for you so hopefully I'll have an answer to this by the end of the week for you.

Speak soon

Smiley Happy

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Iain Smiley Happy

I can see the NHB teams are chasing this with our New Build teams as this is not a NHB one.

I've emailed them this morning to see if they can pop back with an update.

Thanks again .

Forum Team

0 Kudos
imcdonald04
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Thank you for chasing. Ive spoken with the site manager and he’s says all the ducts are in place for Virgin.

Im at a loss as to were the break down is on getting it installed 🤔

Iain
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iain

It's cool that you're keeping me updated with this.

The ducting is only a small part of the connection. The cabinet may not be commissioned, or there could be health and safety checks or quality checks we are waiting on. I know the tech who cabled the area has said your house is cabled as you have mentioned so it's not likely this is the reason,but I'm just throwing things out there that sometimes come back to me from the teams to illustrate that it's not always about the cabling Smiley Happy

I'll keep you posted

Cheers

Forum Team

0 Kudos
imcdonald04
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Karen

The engineer i have been speaking with has said the cable for my street are in and all that’s needed is the cable from the Cab to my house.

Iain
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Iain

I did send a request for an update but haven't had a reply yet so I've chased this morning and if I don't get an answer by Wednesday I'll look at an alternative route for you.

The engineer you spoke to, was he one of ours?

Thanks

Karen

Forum Team

0 Kudos