Menu
Highlighted
DaveDC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Network Expansion - Royston

Hello Team,

I am moving home soon and sadly I've had to close my account. Between living with my old flatmate and having my own place I've had Virgin Media fibre for about 9 years and love it.

My new postcode will be SG8 7XH. Could you see if that location will have a Virgin Media expansion soon? So I can plan my next provider accordingly.

Thanks, Dave.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network Expansion - Royston

I think the advice here is find a new provider for at least the next 12 months. Even if you are in the build plan the groundwork is only the first stage of a long process.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

DaveDC
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, mate. Probably what I will end up doing and hoping for the best heh.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@DaveDC wrote:

Thanks, mate. Probably what I will end up doing and hoping for the best heh.

Just had a look at the estate concerned. The ducting is terminated at the end of the road, so its pretty obvious the builder had no partnership agreement with Virgin.

There are infrastructure embargos on all new estates of anything from 5 to 10 years, so these have to expire before you would even be considered for "infill" build. That would then be dependent on a large interest from the rest of the residents to make it viable.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

DaveDC
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's a shame, I guess when I move next I'll have to double check for Virgin Lines, but this place was too good to turn down. Really appreciate your time in looking into this.
0 Kudos