cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nettflix on ultimate volt

dave_g
On our wavelength

Hi,

Reading the news today it is saying Netflix is now free on certain top packages including Ultimate Volt.

I am on this package but when I try to activate membership it is only offering paid membership.

How can I get the free access please?

78 REPLIES 78

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@IoanaNeacsu wrote:

Hi, just as a curiosity or question, I'm on Ultimate Oomph package contracted in January 2021. I've checked my account and I have an Activate link for Netflix in my account. Does this mean it's included in my Virgin contract and not paying for it or it's just to activate it and being paid through Virgin? I know normally it is not included but it's very confusing to see it there in my account.

I'm also on the Ultimate Oomph bundle and netflix isn't included. If you click on the activate icon and follow the direction then you are given the option to create a netflix account and then add the  subscription  to your current VM bill.

To obtail the free netflix existing customers such as yourself and I would need to recontract and move onto one of those packages that include Netflix. 

There are only three bundle that include netflix as standard  :-

• Biggest TV bundle *
  • Biggest TV Volt Bundle *
  • Ultimate Volt Bundle **

* The Biggest TV bundle and the Biggest TV Volt bundle weren't on sale prior to 21st April.

** Customers on the Ultimate Volt Bundle are only eligible if they took out or recontracted that bundle on or after 21st April.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for clarification and that you were in the same situation as me. I've read in which bundles is included and I assumed it is not included in mine but again the way it was and still is shown in my account is very confusing, making you to believe you have it. And few weeks ago it was shown as in @Treble1 account, like it is included in your plan. Thank you all for the answers. I'll wait for another two months, well not even two months, in June I need to renew the contract anyway.

Hi @IoanaNeacsu
Welcome back to the community!
Sorry to hear you have some queries over your eligibility for the inclusive Netflix in your package. The Netflix offer is only available on the Ultimate Volt Bundle and the Biggest Bundle Biggest Volt Bundle. You can find out more information on our community page here.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley-S, I've followed your link for who is eligible and I'm still confused.

I'm on the Ultimate Volt package, paying O2 for the sim( just increased in price!) and Virgin for the rest, but there is no mention of my having Netflix.

There is a link on my account marked something like 'manage Netflix' but if i click on it it just takes me to a page where i sign up to a choice of payable Netflix subscriptions?.

Are you able to check my account for me?.

I've just had my first post Ooomph bill for Volt. 

There was some adjustment for swapping which resulted in a net credit for the swap but the bill quite clearly states a charge of £85 for the Volt package PLUS a charge of £10.99 for Netflix.

Clearly NOT what I signed up for.

That is very disappointing.
Thank you for sharing - we'll have to keep an eye out.

Managed to discuss this with Virgin via their Whatsapp procedure. Outcome is that the firmly stated my monthly charge is £85 which INCLUDES Netflix.

When I showed them my first bill which clearly showed my last bill was £82.65 which is the £85 Volt charge minus an adjustment credit of £13.34 PLUS £10.99 for Netflix they stated that it was a valid charge and wouldnt refund me it. I am sure it will all be cleared up in my next £85 bill 😁

archercj_0-1650974923191.png

@archercj - Is the £13.34 a credit you were expecting? Or is it offsetting the Netflix?

I genuinely feel for many VM employees. They truly seem to be given conflicting information (or no information at all) and very little in the way of being able to actually do anything that might resolve any issues.

I was reading the Twitter feed and can't imagine what it must be like to have to start work and begin sifting through the vitriol from exasperated customers that the poor management creates. I guess the VM employees here suffer similar - but hopefully we're a little more polite than the Twitter crowd!

Regarding Netflix, I was emailed by VM to tell me that if I wanted to request it, Standard Netflix would be added FOC to my package (and it is indeed now listed on my contract - which I've downloaded and printed).

I am an Ultimate Volt customer and have been since January. I have not re-contracted (I have 15 months remaining), nor done anything else, but try to follow the instructions given by VM.

As stated earlier, I can't actually view Netflix (any longer) and nobody seems to be able to help resolve it. I'm awaiting the outcome of an "IT ticket" - but not holding my breath. Maybe one day 🙂

@hadfieldjohn. My understanding of the credit was an alignment I was paying for the Ooomph package (£101) and the switch to Volt (£85)

And I agree with you about being 'nice' to these folk. It's not their fault is it so be nice to them. and count to ten if you get someone who is hell bent on winding you up lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for ultimate volt a new customer and now two weeks after install with a complaint running im still unable to access Netflix. 

Apparently virgin offering Netflix is new they are having some teething issues in their system to offer this benefit.