cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nettflix on ultimate volt

dave_g
On our wavelength

Hi,

Reading the news today it is saying Netflix is now free on certain top packages including Ultimate Volt.

I am on this package but when I try to activate membership it is only offering paid membership.

How can I get the free access please?

78 REPLIES 78

dave_g
On our wavelength

Thank you Ayisha_b

Hi dave_g

Quick message to see if you have managed to get this resolved?

Gareth_L

dave_g
On our wavelength

Hi Gareth_L

No unfortunately not. Still waiting on call or email. I'll try calling them again🙄

would it have not been easier just to add the netflix to everyone's account who is eligible without sending in your details, or waiting for an email that some get  and some dont?

Seems like when ever there is something for "free" (which we will all pay for with a price increase in a few months) you have to jump through hoops to get it. In the end some get it without hassle, some wont, some will pay for the "free netflix" as its an "admin" error and then contact CS for a refund who then cant see it on you account or dont refund you in full making you phone up again!!

Dont wish to sound negative but been a customer for to long and remember the past very well and can see whats coming ahead

Nothing in life is free....we will al end up paying for it whether we have it or not in the near future

I am in the same position.  I was sat here feeling smug after receiving and responding to the initial "Netflix is free, would you like it?" email, I waited for an email from VM confirming that it had been added to my package before activating Netflix via my set top box as the link in My Virgin Media fails (seemingly on an internal Virgin Media API call https://gw-vip.ms.virginmedia.com/rou-compax/v1/upsell/offer).

However, this morning I'd received the dreaded email from Netflix telling me VM said they couldn't bill me and of course I now have no Netflix.

The upside is that my bill clearly shows my package includes Standard Netflix:

hadfieldjohn_0-1650534432821.png

So I guess I should be getting some sort of pro-rata refund whilst ever Netflix isn't available to me 🙂

If anyone has any ideas on how best to progress this, I'd be grateful to hear them.

What a shame that what should be such a huge customer satisfaction winner for VM seems to be being managed and deployed so poorly that it generates  only negative feelings.

Cheers

John 

John

I originally got access to Netflix on 23/3 , but had the email saying Virgin would not pay on 30/3.

I am still waiting for this to be resolved...

I think I recall reading something in terms saying that no compensation would be payable if you did not have access so would't hold out any hope there ! As to a soultion ??

At the moment I cannot access my Virgin Media account , says oops something went wrong our end , maybe they are working on the solution and all will be fine when it's back up !!!

Hi, just as a curiosity or question, I'm on Ultimate Oomph package contracted in January 2021. I've checked my account and I have an Activate link for Netflix in my account. Does this mean it's included in my Virgin contract and not paying for it or it's just to activate it and being paid through Virgin? I know normally it is not included but it's very confusing to see it there in my account.

@IoanaNeacsu wrote:

Hi, just as a curiosity or question, I'm on Ultimate Oomph package contracted in January 2021. I've checked my account and I have an Activate link for Netflix in my account. Does this mean it's included in my Virgin contract and not paying for it or it's just to activate it and being paid through Virgin? I know normally it is not included but it's very confusing to see it there in my account.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/My-package-says-Netflix-included/m-...

You can check your contract online at My Virgin Media. Just click the View Contract link (which on my screen is above the Netflix logo on the page you mention).

For me, I see Netflix Standard listed under my Virgin TV section. My contract is for Ultimate Volt, but was from January and my contract wasn't extended.

The Activate link didn't work for me, I get an error and a message to try it on the V360 box. I did this and got Netflix for a whole week before they revoked my access and I'm now in limbo.

If I were you - I'd pay for Netflix standard (not via Virgin) and save yourself the hassle. It's probably worth £10.99 a month, not feel powerless and have your family nagging you for why they can't use Netflix. 🙂

Sorry this isn't a very definitive answer, but at this point in time, it's probably as good as you;d get from calling Virgin Support anyway.

Good luck!

John

I checked my contract and it's not included but seeing the link there was confusing, this is why the question. Yeah, I don't bother risking not having it. In June I need to renegotiate the contract anyway, so, probably then I will get the Ultimate Volt. And previously I had it like @Treble1 where it said is included in your bundle. The thing is I don't want to have it added and to pay for it through Virgin. If it's not paid by Virgin then I prefer to have it separately.