cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nettflix on ultimate volt

dave_g
On our wavelength

Hi,

Reading the news today it is saying Netflix is now free on certain top packages including Ultimate Volt.

I am on this package but when I try to activate membership it is only offering paid membership.

How can I get the free access please?

78 REPLIES 78

So if UV customers are getting Netflix from months ago why are  us on UO any different doesn’t seem fare ?

roy247
Community elder

Same as the initial introduction of Sky Movies UHD.

@roy247 wrote:

I managed to get that added at no extra cost 

roy247
Community elder

@Treble1 wrote:

@roy247 wrote:

I managed to get that added at no extra cost 

Eventually got it added when renewing my contract when I kept getting told it was for new customers only, even when referring to the web page stating customer's renewing their contract.

Hi roy247,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the updater, glad to hear you have now been able to get Netflix as part of your package, if you do need any further help/support, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

i got the email about adding netflix to my account for free. All i had to do is fill out some details online and it will be activated in 7 days or something.

Never bothered as in all honestly i dont trust VM to leave the package price as it is and really cant be bothered in phoning them up, waiting for hours on "hold" speaking to people that dont have a clue and mess about with the package

Would rather go without than have the hassle

Hi @dibberly,

It's a shame to hear that you feel this way. If you have a Netflix inclusive bundle then it won't be any additional charge beyond your current package price, and if you already have an existing Netflix account then it will replace that meaning you'll save a bit of money too.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

For people who are on the Netflix inclusive packages like Ultimate Volt, the procedure for transferring an existing Netflix account is quite straightforward although it has to be said that VM have not explained it particularly well. 

Customers with eligible packages should automatically receive an email from VM which invites them to provide some very simple details (the email address associated with their Netflix account).

This triggers a variation of the VM package to include the standard Netflix account. A second email from VM will confirm the change and provide the updated contract.

To activate the transfer of the account, log out of Netflix on the relevant TV box and then log back in again at which point you will be shown a screen which allows you to opt for the standard package or to pay an additional £5 per month for the 4K version of Netflix.

You make your choice and then your Netflix account details will show payment coming from VM.

And since you have an inclusive package you are paying no more and have saved yourself £10 a month. 

The problem is getting the email from Virgin. If they don't send it you can't get it. They now admit they don't know why they're not able to. 

3 weeks been trying, still ongoing. 🙄

A great and clear explanation except the last email doesn't happen.