cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nettflix on ultimate volt

dave_g
On our wavelength

Hi,

Reading the news today it is saying Netflix is now free on certain top packages including Ultimate Volt.

I am on this package but when I try to activate membership it is only offering paid membership.

How can I get the free access please?

78 REPLIES 78

JLO1
On our wavelength

Hello.

There is probably a training issue here then with call centre staff !

If you can use the bundled Netflix account on any app or then it seems a great deal.

I did ask how to get a password and login details for a smartstick or app, and was categorically told that it would only work on a virgin box. They even went away to check with a supervisor.

If you  have used your free Netflix account on a non VM device, it would be great to  know how you get your  login details and password please.  The call centre advisor told me this was not possible. I'd really appreciate it, and I'm sure others would too.

Many thanks.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For other devices, you use whatever Netflix username and password you chose for your account.

For customers without a Netflix account then the sign up process for this completes in the Netflix app or website (after following the Virgin Media links) where you choose your Netflix username and password but your billing option is to Virgin Media.

For customers with an existing Netflix account and with Netflix as part of their Ultimate Volt or Biggest bundle, as long as the same username / email address is used during the activation process, then my understanding is that everything will be transferred over and the plan payments adjusted to reflect the plan choice.

If you're adding a full price Netflix plan to your bill, you can reuse existing Netflix details - as long as there is no current active plan linked to those details.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

JLO1
On our wavelength

Hello.

Thanks for all the info.

I cancelled my existing account, then signed up again, using my current details via the Netflix app on the 360 box. It asked for my mobile phone number as verification,.

All's working now. It would do anyway, because my current subscription runs to the end of March.  So I'll see what happens then. Here's hoping.

Cheers.

dave_g
On our wavelength

Hi Ben,

Hopefully you can help. I raised this issue 2 weeks ago, Netflix was added to my account and I was informed I would receive an email to setup once I had activated Netflix from my virgin media.

I tried setting up using email linked to virgin but there were only options to pay.

I waiting for an email from virgin but no email received. Despite numerous calls to cust serv still nothing. Just rang again and was told it's nothing to do with virgin and I have to deal with Netflix and pay them separately, even though standard membership is included. She refused my request to speak to a supervisor and then hung up🤷🏼‍♀️

Please can you advise how I can get this looked at by virgin.

Many thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
To get Netflix included you have to be on Ultimate Volt or Biggest Bundle as new contracts from 21st March onwards.

Going onto either of those would be a new minimum term contract and would have generated a new contract in My Virgin Media.

So what does it say on there?

dave_g
On our wavelength

Hi Ben, I am on the ultimate volt package. That's my issue.

I was told by customer service originally that I did not need a new contract, even though I took volt at the start of March, and they emailed to confirm that Netflix had been added.

However having contacted them today they really haven't a clue

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless you are on the Ultimate Volt bundle from the 21st of March or later then it doesn't come with inclusive Netflix and can't be added without a new bundle contract.

Which is why I'm saying unless inclusive Netflix is on your contract, you won't get it.

It's also why this post is a sticky at the top of this forum - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Netflix-Bundles-and-Activation/td-p/4980738

dave_g
On our wavelength

Thanks Ben,

Ok I'll go back to them again. Problem is they don't tell you this when you speak to them and if you tell them that's what needs to be done they deny it.

Left hand/right hand springs to mind.

JLO1
On our wavelength
I've been on the ultimate volt package well before 20th March. You will get the Netflix offer.
It seems that VM are contacting customers.
Here is the text from the email you'll get:-

Hold onto your remote…
Don’t miss getting Netflix included in your
Ultimate Volt bundle – at no extra cost

We don’t want you to miss out on incredible TV, so we’re including the Netflix Standard Plan as part of your Ultimate Volt bundle, at no extra cost.

Netflix has something for everyone, and it’s easy to find what you love – whether it’s gripping TV shows, epic movies or chilling documentaries. You can watch as much as you want, on up to two devices at the same time. In stunning HD, too.

All you need to do is follow the two steps below and you’ll be good to go.
Step 1
Pop your details in (Link). We’ll then send you an email with instructions
on how to set up your Netflix account. Please note: it can take up to 7 days for this email to arrive.
Step 2
Choose whether you want to add the Netflix Standard Plan to your Ultimate Volt bundle at no extra cost, or upgrade to the Netflix Premium Plan for only £5 extra a month, so you can watch on up to four devices and in 4K Ultra HD.
Already got the Netflix Standard Plan? No problem. Complete the same steps above – making sure you use the same email address that’s registered to your current Netflix account – and everything will transfer over to us automatically. We’ll cover the cost if you go for the Netflix Standard Plan.

Be quick – this offer won’t be around forever.

Terms and Conditions
Bundles with access to Netflix service. From March 2022. The following terms and conditions govern the Netflix service offered as part of certain eligible Virgin Media bundles and only form part of your Virgin Media customer contract once an order for your eligible bundle has been accepted by Virgin Media. The Netflix Standard membership plan is included as part of selected eligible Virgin Media bundles (an “eligible bundle”). If you decide not to activate Netflix Standard, this will not reduce or amend the price of your eligible bundle, but it will mean you won’t have access to Netflix Standard as part of the service. These terms and conditions are in addition to the terms and conditions of your residential customer service agreement for Virgin Media Television, Virgin Broadband and Virgin Phone Services (the “Virgin Media Standard Terms”).

Please read through these terms carefully.
Whether you’re a new or existing Virgin Media customer, you can now enjoy Netflix as part of selected eligible Virgin Media bundles. If you sign up to an eligible bundle, the Netflix Standard membership plan will be included as part of your bundle at no additional monthly cost.

In order to enjoy the Netflix service as part of your eligible bundle, you will need to activate the Netflix service by completing the Netflix activation process. You will receive instructions on how to activate the Netflix service via email or text message. If you decide not to activate Netflix Standard, this will not reduce or amend the price of your eligible bundle, but it will mean you won’t have access to Netflix Standard as part of the service.
If you already have an existing Netflix account, you can link it to your eligible bundle when you activate Netflix as part of your eligible bundle. Netflix will continue to charge you separately for your existing Netflix account until you link that account to your eligible bundle. For any queries regarding your billing with Netflix or for your existing Netflix account please contact Netflix directly.
You can upgrade Netflix Standard to Netflix Premium as an optional add-on service. If you already have an existing account with a Netflix Premium membership plan, then you can link that plan to your eligible bundle when you activate Netflix as part of your eligible bundle. Or if you wish to upgrade to Netflix Premium as part of your eligible bundle at a later date, then you can do so at any time. If you wish to review the details of your Netflix membership plan, please visit the ‘Account’ pages on the Netflix website or call Virgin Media Customer Care and we can upgrade this for you.
Netflix Premium will be charged at an additional monthly cost and will be added to your Virgin Media bill. If you decide to downgrade from Netflix Premium to Netflix Standard, you can do so at any time and still enjoy Netflix Standard as part of your eligible bundle at no additional cost.
The cost of Netflix Premium optional add-on service may increase during your contract. If this happens, you will be notified beforehand and have the option to downgrade to Netflix Standard. Alternatively, you can cancel your Netflix Premium optional add-on service by giving us 30 days’ notice.

When Hancock on the link in step 1, it pulls up a page where you just have to confirm that it's your account, that you're over 18, and that you want to add netflix.

You then get a second e-mail mail, where you decide which Netflix package you want (i.e. Do you want to pay £5 extra for the 4K UHD).... and that's it.

It works! I had a chat with the billing people today at customer services, and they confirmed that the £5 extra is all that will be added to my bill.

I guess you can either wait for the e-mail to arrive, or give them a call at customer services to give them a nudge. Good luck.

Hope that helps.

JLO1
On our wavelength
Hancock = you click.