cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nettflix on ultimate volt

dave_g
On our wavelength

Hi,

Reading the news today it is saying Netflix is now free on certain top packages including Ultimate Volt.

I am on this package but when I try to activate membership it is only offering paid membership.

How can I get the free access please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After a long discussion this morning with Virgin Media, it has been confirmed to me that Virgin Media head office has stated that this offer is available to existing customers on eligible plans. Unfortunately at this time the Virgin Media agents do not have the tools on their systems to enable this. It is being worked  on today by their tech guys. I am booked in for a call back later this afternoon when hopefully the systems have been updated.It will require a new 18 month contract term from what I understand.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

78 REPLIES 78

roy247
Community elder

Looks like you need to renew your contract according to this,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Netflix-Now-Included/td-p/4970302

dave_g
On our wavelength

Thanks Roy,

Shame Virgin don't put this out there in the information.

dave_g
On our wavelength

Having looked at their release it states "As part of the bundle shake up, new and existing customers can enjoy ultrafast broadband speeds and a data-rich mobile SIM, with the ability to manage their Netflix plan along with their regular TV service via My Virgin Media online or through the My Virgin Media app"

So looks like existing customers should get Netflix added

But if you speak to Virgin they tell you it is only for new contracts---I tried yesterday.

roy247
Community elder

@dave_g wrote:

Having looked at their release it states "As part of the bundle shake up, new and existing customers can enjoy ultrafast broadband speeds and a data-rich mobile SIM, with the ability to manage their Netflix plan along with their regular TV service via My Virgin Media online or through the My Virgin Media app"

So looks like existing customers should get Netflix added

Yes, that's how I read it but apparently I would be wrong. 😕

After a long discussion this morning with Virgin Media, it has been confirmed to me that Virgin Media head office has stated that this offer is available to existing customers on eligible plans. Unfortunately at this time the Virgin Media agents do not have the tools on their systems to enable this. It is being worked  on today by their tech guys. I am booked in for a call back later this afternoon when hopefully the systems have been updated.It will require a new 18 month contract term from what I understand.

dave_g
On our wavelength

Thanks for the info Fuz 🤞🏻

dnwilson01
On our wavelength

No system changes necessary. CS agent did it for me yesterday while on Whatsapp chat

Fuz it would be very helpful if you let us know if you get the promised call back and if they are able to include it for the same price as your existing contract, even if it is a new 18 month period.