cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix

Frustrated33
Joining in

Like so many others on here I cannot activate Netflix despite it being included in my package. 8 calls/ WhatsApp exchanges later I'm no further forward. Constantly told to wait 2 or 5 days while an IT ticket is raised. Nothing happens and promised e mails containing a fix do not arrive.

Some progress last week when I was told to subscribe to the Netflix standard plan as that was Virgin's current solution to this issue. 4 days later an e mail arrived from Netflix saying 

"Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership..."

Even tried complaining by way of web form. On both occasions the web form was deleted on submission.

Virgin needs to sort this widespread issue out.

20 REPLIES 20

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Frustrated33,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the Netflix actication, can I ask during this have you received any email regarding the Netflix set up (bar the one advised in your post)?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain

I haven’t received any e mails. All comms with VM have been over the ‘phone or by WhatsApp. 

Hi Frustrated33, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues activating your Netflix service. It sounds as though you are awaiting the arrival of your activation email. Sincerest apologies that this has happened!
As you have aready notified us of the issue and a ticket has been raised sadly there is little further we can do to help support with this until the error causing the issue with your activation email has been cleared (and the ticket has been closed). 

We can support with raising a complaint for you if you if you would like to ensure there is a record of your feedback and experience on the account. We can then also discuss what you are looking for as a resolution and offer support with this. 

If you would like to raise a complaint please just let us know and we will send you a PM to offer further support. 

All the best! 

Molly

Thanks Molly.

Surely it can't take 2 months to send an e mail if that is all that is required?

I would like to raise a complaint so do, please, send me the PM.

Hi Frustrated33, 

This is being looked into by the IT team and they will aim to get this resolved as soon as they can.

We would not be able to do anything further until this is investigated further by IT and they have been able to resolve this. 

Please log into the online account or the set top box to see if you are able to click on the Netflix activation button please?

Chris. 

Thanks Chris.

There's no Netflix activation button on my on line account and when I press Start Membership on the app via the set top box I just receive an error message.

Thanks for your reply, as soon as we have any updates from the support team who are working on this we will let all affected customers know. 

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

After chasing again today by WhatsApp I was given a seven letter activation code by the VM operative but no activation e mail. Any suggestions as to how I use the code?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread and letting us know you have received the code. 

Is the option to activate the service now showing on your online account?

Thanks, 

Nat