cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix

spirit
On our wavelength

Hi 

I read that Netflix is now included in the top level TV packages. I have just checked (Oomph customer) and it says its active on my account, but how do I access it ? I tried logging into it using my VM username and password and it says it cannot find my email address ? Thanks 

201 REPLIES 201

You may be lucky with the complaint eventually !

I lodged one on 15/4 , got the fob off email on 19/4 , then unexpectedly got a phone call last week.

I was given a "customer experience" credit of £20 and told an IT ticket had been raised. Asked if it could be closed I told them it was not resolved until I had Netflix but they closed it anyway !

jacor
On our wavelength

Still waiting, apparently my complaint has been escalated, probably to someone else at the same level going by the experience so far.

Also received a humorous complaint response by post, with a mix of copy paste sentences (some repeated), broken English and sentences that didn't make much sense. Guess what the gist was ? You need to contact customer services! Also talking about taking netflix off my bill?! (What?!) So unrelated to my actual issue it was laughable, and this is the complaints process!

I think only resolution that might get anywhere is third party escalation, I've exhausted all means here. Customer services x7 times, forum posts, mods, complaint process.

Hi @jacor,

I do apologise for your experience. If you've been advised that your complaint has been escalated then I can assure you that this will be addressed and resolved ASAP.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Betts-4
On our wavelength

I have advised I’m now going to ofcom and ombudsman it’s just ridiculous,I think I’m going cancel my DD also so I’m not paying till I’m getting the service 

Hi @Betts-4,

I'm very sorry to hear that your issues are ongoing. However, I'd strongly advise against cancelling your Direct Debit as this can cause further complications.

If you've bene discussing this issue with one of my colleagues via private message, please reach back out to them if you haven't done so already and they'll get back to you in due course.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thinking of going to ask CEDR over this, it should be such a simple fix... Yes I've checked junk-folders, and looked on the app, still nothing... Please help

spell
Knows their stuff

@Zach_R wrote:

Hi @Betts-4,

I'm very sorry to hear that your issues are ongoing. However, I'd strongly advise against cancelling your Direct Debit as this can cause further complications.

If you've bene discussing this issue with one of my colleagues via private message, please reach back out to them if you haven't done so already and they'll get back to you in due course.

Thanks,

Apart from the veiled threat to continue giving VM money for nothing yet another post with a lot of words saying nothing - what is all this 'reaching out' nonsense

Betts-4
On our wavelength

Funny thing is I already reached out and still waiting for a response.

its constantly 7 days waits 7 more days,IT ticket raised,compliant raised and nothing.

call CS get through to someone who reads from a script and self help which not only have I read but have heard them do 8 times. Then the phone either goes dead or they mess about like they are doing something and then say ahhh yes it’s an issue wait 7 days you should get an email !

what is going on how can you offer a service that does not work.

The CS is so poor

jacor
On our wavelength

There is no customer service. It's just palming off for as long as possible. Not even been told how long this circus is expected to last. You would have thought they'd explain what the issue is and give a timeline to fix it, but that's not even yet on the cards, 1.5 months later. Actions speak louder than words (sorry script)

I would like to make an observation and a couple of suggestions here. Firstly for anyone thinking of doing so, absolutely DO NOT cancel any direct debits, it won't get the response you hope for, what it will do is that VM will mark it as a bad debt, farm it out to a debt collection agency faster than you might think possible and happily trash your credit rating for good measure.

What I would suggest is that;

a) make a formal complaint to VM - this will of course be fobbed off or ignored, that's fine.

b) eight weeks after the first complaint, regardless of VM's actions or lack thereof, escalate the complaint to the industry adjudicator CISAS. Include as many details as possible, what you were promised would happen, what you were 'sold' and what actually happened. How much you have paid and not gotten the promised benefits, demand compensation of what you have paid, plus, say 50% extra for the inconvenience and failures of VM's customer services to remedy the issues.

c) also make a formal complaint to OFCOM, although they don't get involved in individual cases, they will add this to the ever growing list of issues to beat VM over the head with - and possibly impose a fine for, well, being useless.

d) Lastly please cut the forum team here a bit of slack - of course they know the whole thing is a shambolic mess of Biblical proportions, but as VM employees, they are sort of obliged to toe the company line.

e) You might also want to make representations to your local authority Trading Standards on the grounds of being sold a product which the supplier is incapable of actually supplying. And furthermore are not rectifying the issue and continuing to request payment for services they are not supplying.

Just a thought anyway - I am really struggling to work out just how what should be a reasonably simple thing could have been messed up so badly. It really takes a special kind of talent to do that. I don't have VM's TV provision just broadband so there may well be all sorts of oddball things I'm not aware of, I do have Netflix, which I pay for directly and they have never, ever messed up! Just saying.......