cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix

spirit
On our wavelength

Hi 

I read that Netflix is now included in the top level TV packages. I have just checked (Oomph customer) and it says its active on my account, but how do I access it ? I tried logging into it using my VM username and password and it says it cannot find my email address ? Thanks 

201 REPLIES 201

Jacor

No updates - Paulina_Z in her post 4 hours ago said she was chasing mine !

My alleged "IT ticket" was raised on 5/5 and is still ongoing , last I was told it was "work in progress" after supposedly being elevated on several occasions!

But this "fix" has nothing to do with IT tickets it just appears to being done on a random basis by what appears to be about one member of staff at the rate they are being reported as done.. My mate who upgraded to Volt about three weeks ago got his email this week and he had not even made contact to chase let alone been issued with an "IT ticket"

What we need to know is exactly what is happening , not to be continually fobbed off with the same old stories...

So what does this elusive email actually say ?

How does it activate the free Netflix Standard ?   via a special link ? a code ?    what exactly  .... !!! ?

Betts-4
On our wavelength

It literally has the Netflix banner and says your ready to start watching.

Then A big red banner that says start watching which you click and then sign it,it links and your away.

takes a minute if that.

one thing I will say is I signed up via the app or online i think from my account for a virgin media email and the link I got was from that.I then changed it to my actual email with no issue when I clicked start watching.

so maybe try if not already signing up for a virgin email linked to your account under mail.

Hi, 

Yes @paulina_z I have tried to activate it through my online account but I also get taken to a page to add Netflix at additional cost.

Kind regards

Rhiannon

Yes the forum team keep posting copy and paste answers to look for the activate button. They are not taking any notice of all the replies that tell them this is not the right option for those of us that have Netflix included in the bundle. They have obviously not got anything else they can use as a copy and paste answer!

Thanks for coming back to us RMaslen,

As you are unable to activate this without charge through your online account, we will need to get this raised to our IT team. 

I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you, please click on the purple envelope to accept then chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

The problem is Jodi, there are loads of us in the same boat and as RMaslen and all you mods/team members do is help one person alone but not the rest of us that are waiting !

Why do you have to do it one person at a time !!

Johnny

The IT Ticket issued in a PM is not helping !

The "fix" appears to being rolled out on a random basis , have a friend who has received his after "only" three weeks and he has not had an IT ticket raised.

Mine was raised on 5/5 and nothing has happened!

Well once it gets to 8 weeks after your compaint, and if still unresolved, we can go to independant arbitration :-

Quote from Virgin Media Consumer Complaints Code of Practice

"If we haven’t reached an agreed settlement within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, or we agree in writing before the 8 weeks are up that the dispute should be settled by independent adjudication, we’ll send you a letter or email confirming that you have the right to refer your complaint for independent consideration through Alternative Dispute Resolution. This service is absolutely free of charge.

Here’s the contact details of the two adjudication schemes you can use: TV, broadband, phone or mobile complaints

CISAS, 70 Fleet Street London EC4Y 1EU 0207 5203814 Email: cisas@cedr.com Website: www.cedr.com/cisas

Financial services complaints

The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower London E14 9SR 0300 1239123 Email: complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints

You may also be able to refer a dispute to the European Online Dispute Resolution (“ODR”) platform at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. It’s a web-based platform designed to help consumers who’ve bought goods or services online. It provides access to independent alternative dispute resolution services that are usually free to use.

Our email address for Online Dispute Resolution complaints is ODR@virginmedia.co.uk

If you’d like any more help or advice, you can talk to your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) for free. But, just so you know, this isn’t part of the formal complaint process."

Hi @JonnyG14

We would respond to each thread regarding and do ask all customers to make their own thread (or should be) as easier to avoid missing people. I can see you for example agreed a complaint resolution with my colleague in May 2022 - do you wish to change this resolution at all? I can help with that and do that if you want? A fix for this Netflix issue went in on Tuesday/Wednesday so people should be receiving the emails/the Netflix tiles in their online account.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill