cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix

LyndonJ
On our wavelength

I have Netflix within my bundle and it stopped working 4 days saying I need to add my bank details. After speaking to Virgin several times I have just been told it a problem for loads of customers that's been reported and been escalated to there technical team. So now have to wait. Has anyone else got this problem

538 REPLIES 538

paulw4ke
On our wavelength

Sadly I only get asked for my payment details going to that channel on Virgin box. Tried signing out as well but only have an option to sign back in or create a new account.

Was told my IT request was escalated but heard nothing since then

Well I decided to go for it . I restarted my membership . You must change the package to std as it defaults to ultra HD,  which is supposedly an extra fiver a month . I did this and continued , no problems , and was back with Netflix . No credit card requests at all .

• Just received an email from Netflix welcoming me and confirmation of my account but most importantly payment via Virgin Media . I will let everyone know if it lasts and if it does to make sure it's not added to my account. 

woodsy

Yes that's what I would have expected to happen , and the stage I've been at twice before then getting an email from Netflix cancelling because VM won't pay , expect that in about 7/8 days and enjoy the content in the meantime!

I have also just renewed my membership which also says payment via Virgin. Fingers crossed they don't take the extra money from me. 

They have not tried to bill me when I took this option , just got cancelled after about a week.

There should be a different link if they ever fix the problem!

Anyone have an update? Nearly 4 weeks and still no Netflix and haven't heard anything from Virgin. 

LyndonJ
On our wavelength

Mine has been fixed and been working for a few days at the moment. I'm waiting to see whether I get billed extra for it.

Hi everyone.  

I signed up again using the option above through Netflix on channel 204.  I chose "bill through Virginmedia". 

That restored my Netflix access for now.  But it has only been five days - so I don't know if I will receive any cancellation email from Netflix as some people have mentioned.  

I have not received any kind of activation email from Virginmedia though.  
There is also no option to manage my Netflix plan through the Virginmedia account page.  

So it is anyone's guess at present.  

The forum mods have gone mysteriously quiet. 

I'll maybe give them a wee call, see what the excuse is today!