cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix

spirit
On our wavelength

Hi 

I read that Netflix is now included in the top level TV packages. I have just checked (Oomph customer) and it says its active on my account, but how do I access it ? I tried logging into it using my VM username and password and it says it cannot find my email address ? Thanks 

201 REPLIES 201

jacor
On our wavelength

Hi,

I signed up to the top volt package just over a week ago. No one can tell me how to activate netflix. I can see 'active' on the my virgin app for Netflix. No email has come through (incd spam). 

I've been told many sperate things by VM staff. That I should wait 7 days ( did this ), that I should go onto the app on the TV and it would recognise I had netflix and let me link it up without paying (this didn't work, just says sign in and register). That they would resend the email to let me sign up (never came). That they would investigate and ring me back, ( they didn't).

No one from VM seems to know how or care.

I even raised a complaint and they told me to register with netflix? wth?

Can a moderator help me please?

Betts-4
On our wavelength

I’m having same issues,got brand new ultimate package installed today but can’t get Netflix without paying.

VM CS saying try tommorow but clearly nothing will change and they were script reading.

Netflix does not recognise VM as payment method as I was told and does not give me an option to start membership from my box.It asks me to sign up and then gets to the payment page and wants a card or paypal !

Hi both, 

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us in the Forums. 

As it stands, we are chasing this with our support teams for an update. As soon as we have one, we will let you know. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this may be causing you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jacor
On our wavelength

Hi Kath,

Is there any update to this yet? One of the things that attracted me to this package was netflix. Support have gone quiet on me and haven't responded for a few days. Surely there's a way they can put in a manual workaround or something if the have issues?

Thanks,

James

Betts-4
On our wavelength

I called again for the third time and apparently it was reset and I needed to wait 48 hours but guess what,no email and still no Netflix 48h later.

on my vm app when I go to streaming and sign in it says Netflix active and I think this is the issue.What’s interesting is each day I do it,it renews the re sign up day to that day.Clearly a glitch and just the system thinking it’s active when it’s not.

jacor
On our wavelength

Exactly the same here. Mods as well as an update could you feedback that customers don't like being lied to just to get them off the phone/chat. It's obvious from my dealings when they can't help they just lie to get rid of you. Not professional

Hi jacor, 

We do appreciate the frustration with this and we are sorry for that. 

This is still ongoing and we are working to resolve this as soon as possible. 

^Martin

jacor
On our wavelength

Appreciate that Martin, however my complaint keeps getting replied to saying I just need to phone customer services, and they just bat it back to me. I tried yet again on Friday, was told it was definitely sorted now and that they now have codes. Waited on the phone while the operative 'got confirmation it has been applied and to wait 48 hours'. Told him I'd tried this numerous times before but he guaranteed me this time it would be sorted. 

Surprise surprise more than 2 days later and nothing has changed. Could you get the Comms changed at least please to acknowledge there is an ongoing issue and that we aren't actually getting what we signed up and are paying for?

Thanks

Betts-4
On our wavelength

Yep I got told that to 3 days ago.

i got told Friday there was fault and it was being fixed this weekend.

Sunday evening still no fix.

spoke to someone Saturday as I now have an email saying Netflix has been removed from my package which I never requested and came in my package so unsure how it can be removed.It still showing on my contract and in my package on the email which is funny.

called and asked and tried to get my issue fixed and again got through to someone who did not have a clue and wanted to do the same things I already tried-script !

I then got told ‘’yes you have to pay’’ and then you can get billed through virgin.When I said you pay for me it’s in my package I may have well been talking a different language.

im very close to cancelling as I’m within my 14 days purely out of poor CS and this issue.i must of wasted 5-6 hours of my time now.

i even called Netflix when someone said they were to blame but guess what they told me virgin has to activate it with them and they can’t. 

How hard can it be to sort this,I made an official complaint but Not even sure what that will do 

Hello jacor

Thanks for your patience 

Can I just ask what happens when you try and activate it through your online account?

Gareth_L