cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - unable to bill through virgin media

Stuartr_98
Tuning in

Hello,

I seem to be one of the many impacted by my Netflix not being able to be billed through virgin media, leading to Netflix cancelling my subscription which is  frustrating as I’m paying for it through a new contract with virgin and not getting the service. I’ve received nothing from virgin media on the subject but can see that it’s a big problem for lots of people here - is there a solution please and can virgin email the people affected by this.

Thanks   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Stuartr_98, thank you for coming back to us!

Sincerest apologies that you are experiencing these issues with Netflix billing and Activation. 

This is a known issue affecting multiple customers that we are working hard in collaboration with Netflix to get fixed, as quickly as possible. However in the meantime it would be good to ensure your account is set up and provisioned correctly - we can also raise an individual ticket if needed for your case. I will need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details to do this. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best! 

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tractorboy
Rising star

The answer to both your questions is NO !

The solution seems miles away , they do not appear to have a clue..

This has been going on nearly 8 weeks now and in all that time Virgin have released zero official statements.

Join the rest of us happy customers!

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Stuartr_98,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Netflix through your package. We want to do our best to help with this. Just to confirm, what package do you have with us? Have you received any correspondence from us regarding Netflix? Also, have you checked your my VM account to see if the Netflix activation button is there?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, my contract is a TiVo box, broadband, landline and Netflix. I can’t see any link to activate Netflix through the VM account.

Thanks for any help 

Wow- only been a week for us, hadn’t realised it was such a mess, thought it would make things simpler being all in one contract! Thanks for reply- good luck!

Hi Stuartr_98, thank you for coming back to us!

Sincerest apologies that you are experiencing these issues with Netflix billing and Activation. 

This is a known issue affecting multiple customers that we are working hard in collaboration with Netflix to get fixed, as quickly as possible. However in the meantime it would be good to ensure your account is set up and provisioned correctly - we can also raise an individual ticket if needed for your case. I will need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details to do this. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best! 

Molly

Hi All, I am just returning to update the public thread. 

Thanks to Stuartr_98 for PMing with me. I am really pleased to share that this issue has now been resolved. 

This was completed by; accessing Netflix via the TV box, which re-activated the service. 

If anyone else in the thread is having the same issues please try activating the service through your TV box and let us know if this fixed the issue. 
Thank you for your patience and co-operation! All the best. 

Molly

This advice depends on what sort of contract / bundle you have.

It may well be the answer if you are paying a seperate figure to Virgin for Netflix.

However if you have Netflix as part of your bundle so the cost is full inclusive I strongly suspect this is not the answer. If you are expecting "free subscription" you will need to wait for the fix. From my experience via my set top box I have only ever seen PAY via VM options , if you take this it may give you access for a few days before you get an email from Netflix cancelling as VM will not pay. I have been advised not to take the pay option as it may impact the fix if it ever arrives.