cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix subscription keeps cancelling or showing an error

chrisp71
Tuning in

I joined Netflix through Stream several months ago.  It cancelled after one month.  I restarted the membership, it cancelled a month later - March 28th, so I left it alone since then.  In the manage stream section of the MyVirginMedia website it says I have a subscription with 0 days left - when I click on that icon it says Netflix will be removed on 28th March, do I want to keep it?  When I click 'keep it', it hangs, ironically on the Virgin media infinity icon, saying it's trying to remove it!  On the Stream box itself itself the banner to join reflex is a 'dead' picture.  Finally today the Netflix app asked if I wanted to join (having just been going to an error screen) I said yes, put my info in, got my joining email, then 45 minutes later received a cancellation email!  What's going on?  I've been on to the phone and the chat, but just keep being told it shows normal from VMs side.

5 REPLIES 5

Tractorboy
Rising star

There have been problems with Netflix activation with both new and old accounts for the last couple of months , there are many threads on the subject!

If you are paying for access it would be a much safer bet to pay Netflix direct..

Thanks very much - good advice I think. It just seems ironic I’ve been getting those promo messages about the 10% credit if it’s done through VM

Hi chrisp71, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Netflix account hen joining through Stream. 

Just to check, have you been charged for the Netflix account and being unable to view it or is this working but it keeps being cancelled? 

As mentioned above, we are having some issues with the Netflix accounts currently and our teams are working hard to resolve these issues. 

Pop back and let us know if you need further help. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

First month I joined (January), was charged and everything was normal for the month, then it cancelled without me doing so. For the second month I had to manually rejoin Netflix through MyVirginMedia website as the upgrade app still showed me as a member. I could watch and was charged normally. The third month was more complex as the ‘Upgrade’ app on the stream box and the ‘manage stream’ part of MyVirginMedia showed I still had Netflix even though I didn’t. However, I managed to restart my membership directly through the Netflix app - I was charged and could watch normally until again my membership was cancelled at the end of that month - 28th March. From then on I could not join through the stream ‘upgrade’ app or the website because my subscriptions showed that Netflix had 0 days left and would be removed on 28th March - it still shows that now. If I click on the icon on the website I am asked if I want to ‘keep Netflix’ but if I say yes, it hangs. I can’t click on the icon on stream box because it’s a ‘dead’ picture with a clock logo over the Netflix logo. I’ve tried going directly in to the Netflix app too to restart membership but that goes to an error screen asking me to come back later  

Hope this helps  

Thats not an option if Virgin have inclyuded it within my package as contracted but never received. Never had a problem when it was part of my sky packageabge