cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix stopped working as virgin stopped payments

Stuartr_98
Tuning in

Hello, I had an email last week from Virgin saying that they had forgot to charge me for Netflix (after over a year of no issues despite weeks of not working to start with), now Netflix has locked me out. How can I reactivate my Netflix without paying twice. Reading the forum here it seems like this Netflix charging through virgin is not going very well at all. 

9 REPLIES 9

stuartgreen
Dialled in

Good luck,

I had this exact issue last March, still waiting for a resolution

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Stuartr_98, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are struggling with getting onto Netflix.

You can simply just click restart subscription on Netflix you wouldn't get charged twice as you are just restarting the suspended account. 

You can also go to your online account, go to the Netflix tab and click activate. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hey stuartgreen, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having a Netflix issues also.

Please can you also try these steps for me;

You can simply just click restart subscription on Netflix you wouldn't get charged twice as you are just restarting the suspended account. 

You can also go to your online account, go to the Netflix tab and click activate. 

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Stuartr_98
Tuning in

Hi thanks for the reply, unfortunately neither of these options has worked:

1) “restart subscription” is not an option on Netflix - only “sign up now”, when I follow link it is asking me to set up a new means of payment, which I’m not doing as virgin already charge me (albeit with an error by virgin which meant I paid 3 for months in January which is not helpful during a cost of living crisis)

2) the link to virgin media- after several broken links, I managed by good luck to get to the Netflix tab which then told me all about the ways that virgin could charge me for Netflix without giving me the option to actually (re) subscribe to Netflix.

This is becoming a pain after I had nothing to do with messing up subscription in first place.  Given that I have been paying virgin for Netflix for over a year now (I dearly wish I had never switched to that option) I’d really like it if somebody from virgin could actually restart my virgin subscription that they managed to lose on my behalf- please?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stuartr_98,

Thank you for coming back to us about this ongoing Netflix issue. When accessing your online account, is there not a visible Netflix button that you can click on? 

Have you tried accessing your Netflix account through different devices to see if this can help you access the account?

Please keep us updated so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

I tried through iPad and iPhone etc as well as Amazon fire stick but (stupidly) have only just tried the Netflix app through the virgin media TiVo box and this seems to have reset membership, the online options don’t seem to work but this has reset everything- thanks for getting back to me 

Hi Stuartr_98, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear that you had issues with your inclusive Netflix.  From reading your last post, it does appear you can now access it again and your issue is resolved? However, just to be sure, I would like take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Maxi66
Joining in

Has anyone had a fix with this problem? I have the same problem at the moment 

Thank you

Hey Maxi66, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear about this.

I have taken a look and I can see since this post you have been in touch with the team have they helped at all on this? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?