cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix standard activation

PhilB72
Tuning in

Hi
I upgraded my account on 3rd Aug and it now includes Netflix standard. I've checked on the app and on my account via the Web to activate it. I've also checked many times to see if I've received the activation email. I've not.. Can you please advise?

7 REPLIES 7

Tractorboy
Rising star

Suggest you read some of the many posts on this subject..

This has been an ongoing issue for over 4 months , and nobody at VM will tell us when it will be fully resolved although they must know!

It appears that when you receive the email is totally random , some get it quickly , others are still waiting after months ( took 4 months and 2 days to get mine)

The forum team may offer to help , but they do not have access to anything that will actually help , it will just be fobbing you off with copy and paste replies , saying an IT ticket has been raised , escalating said fictional IT ticket .....

You just have to wait for the email

Good luck!

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @PhilB72, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have not been able to activate Netflix. Just to confirm, when you checked your online account did it not show a Netflix option?

Have you also been able to check your spam/junk folder to see if the email has gone there?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi,

When I access my account via the web site, there's no mention of Netflix. When I access it through the app, There's a Netflix section but when I click on Manage account, it does nothing. I've checked my Junk / Spam folder many times but there's nothing ever gone in there. Are you not able to send / resend the email?

As I said , just the usual copy and paste reply ! , The forum team are not able to send the email...

Believe it needs changes to be made to your account by IT , once done they send the email.

Hi PhilB72,

Thank you for confirming this, on your online account the Netflix Icon would be under Apps, it should say activate, you can also check the ATV box also to see if you have the option to set it back up, billed Via Virgin Media , if all the codes are on the account no charges would be added.

Regards

Paul.

If all the codes are on the account you would have received the email.

Do not take an option that says billed via VM and shows a package price , this will be an incorrect link and you will be billed or it will be cancelled after a few days. If the correct link is on the box it will say Netflix included in my bundle and show an option to pay £5 to upgrade.

I'm assuming that the codes mustn't be on my account as I can see no Netflix options anywhere when I access it through either the website or the app on my phone. How do I get this sorted, as I'm paying for a service that I can't access?