cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix problems

stuartcorey
Tuning in

I had Netflix included in my Virgin Media package. A few days ago my Netflix account suddenly stopped working. When I logged in it was asking me to restart my membership but I hadn't cancelled it. I queried it with Netflix who said Virgin Media had told them to deactivate my account.

I spoke to VM who denied doing this. There was no record of it and no reason why they would have done it. I went back to Netflix who again confirmed it was requested by VM.

Anyway, I went back to VM and asked for them to reactivate my account. At the same time I negotiated a new package with the guy on the phone which again included Netflix. He said my Netflix account would be working again once I confirmed my acceptance of the new contract or at least no more than 2 hours after.

This didn't happen so I chased it up on the WhatsApp chat. I was told an activation email should have beeb sent to me and they would raise an IT ticket to resolve it.

Two days later and nothing so i chased again. This time i was told an activation email was on its way and i would get it within 4 hours. I didn't get it. In the meantime i had called the helpline about a separate issue with my V360. I asked the guy i spoke to about it (who was actually helpful for a change, shame i dont have his direct dial!) and he said it could take up to 7 days to get the email!! Even though I am already paying for Netflix as part of my package. How can that be right??

Anyway, as the 4 hours I had been told before had expired i chased again on whatsapp. This time i was told there is an issue with the emails for netflix and IT would need to look into it.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I can see people were making similar complaints in April and May but it looks like they were resolved. This is all pretty annoying!

10 REPLIES 10

Kaly741
Joining in

I've been having exactly the same issue for the last 2 weeks, I've spoken to virgin 3 times and been promised the activation email every time. I've tweeted them for the last week without any real success. I was told it's affecting lots of customers. I spoke to Netflix who said there was no payment via virgin  set up but I'm still being charged by virgin. Very annoying and frustrating 

Suggest you read just a few of the hundreds of posts on here and you will see this has been a long running ( 14 weeks) issue that has yet to be resolved...

Join the club!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stuartcorey

Good morning and thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have the team provided you with a fix date for the ticket? Please do keep us updated and we can look further into this if needs be.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The original IT ticket should have been responded to by yesterday. It wasn't. So, if you could chase it that would be great.

I am struggling to see why it is so hard to solve. Surely someone at Virgin just needs to go on a computer and send me an email?

The fix date on my IT ticket was about 6 weeks ago , but last time I asked it was still work in progress!

Not much work even less progress!!!

Sorry to see you have not had an update on your IT ticket @stuartcorey. I can certainly have a look at this for you.

I'm just going to send you a PM to confirm your details so I can check.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

For anyone interested, I still haven't had this resolved. I was promised it would be sorted by 9am on 1st July. Apparently the IT department haven't even looked into it yet. Not had any update since.

I've been onto the WhatsApp several times and been promised a variety of timings: 1 hour, 4 hours, 2 days (twice) and up to 7 days. Still haven't had the activation email.

Now they're telling me to pay for it myself and ask for a refund! Which I'm not going to do because of the numerous posts on here about people doing this and not being refunded. What a joke.

Hi @stuartcorey, thanks for reaching out to us.

I am sorry to hear about the Netflix issue still not being resolved and for the delay in getting it sorted, definitely not the service we wish to provide.
I will look in to this for you and send you an invite to a private message - watch out for the purple envelope.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm in a state of shock.  I just received the activation email and my Netflix is back up and running!  At last!