cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix problem

dianejyoung
Tuning in

A few weeks ago I recieved an email from Netflix saying that they had not been able to take payment form Virgin media for my account and I was therefore no longer subscribed. After some time trying to find an answer I managed to get a real person on the chat and he confirmed there was an issue but reassured me that all was being sorted, that it wouldn't take as long as a month to fix, most likely only 48hrs. It still says I am unsubscribed, the online chat bot is absolutely useless and just takes me in circles, if you say there is a known issue then they just tell you the engineers are working on it. Add to that , that when online and looking into it, I constantly get either a timed out or some other issue comes up and I have to log out and back on! This is becoming extremely frustrating, seriously, I wonder why I stay with virgin!!  

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dianejyoung, I am sorry to hear about the issue which you are having with the Netflix and this has been raised with the IT team to get this resolved. You are not the only customer affected and we are working hard with Netflix to rectify this issue.  - Chris 

Thanks but it's now must be a month since it became unavailable and still no fix.

Thanks for coming back to us @dianejyoung, we are still working on a resolution to this issue.

Regards,

Steven_L

Over a month now and still no Netflix. Went onto the chat this evening, was sent through to speak to an advisor and told that they were very busy and I would be held in a queue, I waited and then got a message saying don't worry, you are still in the queue. Heard nothing for an hour so I went back on and asked if I was still queuing and a message came back saying "We've gone home for the day. We’re here 8am-10pm Monday to Sunday. But don't worry – we've got your query and will get back to you as soon as we can."

Really **bleep** off with virgin now, I was told initially that it wouldn't take as long as a month to get sorted and possibly only a few days, this is a joke!!! Not the way to treat your customers in my opinion!

Hi dianejyoung,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise for the time it is talking to get your Netflix issue resolved. It's as frustrating for us as it is for you. Our chat service is not an immediate response team, so it may take a while before you do get a response. If your chat was disconnected, this would not have been intentional.

Can we ask if you have tried recently to access your Netflix through your online account again?

Please can you follow the steps below:

1. Sign into My Virgin Media at virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media
  2. Under the Netflix section, you should be able to see an Activate button.
  3. You should click the Activate button to complete your registration and follow the instructions presented to you within your My Virgin Media.

If you have tried the above and still cannot access your Netflix account, please come back to us and we will get an IT ticket raised.

Kind regards Jodi.