cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - plan change to Premium constantly rejected

petejigsaw
Tuning in

We renewed our VM contract last week and with it got Netflix Standard included.  As we had Netflix Standard already, this simply brought the billing for Netflix over to our VM bill.

The VM Streaming services email arrived, and we used the link to connect the account - that all seemed to work, and we were offered and accepted the £5 upgrade to Premium during that process.

We then got a confirmation email of the change, followed shortly after by a second one saying:

Unfortunately, Virgin Media did not approve your plan change, so we have moved you back to your previous plan. Please contact Virgin Media if you have any questions about why this change was not approved.

Logging in to Netflix, it correctly states that our bill is via VM.  We have tried upgrading to Premium through the Netflix account system, without success.

On the VM Account Portal, when going into Entertainment Services > Netflix, the screen is completely blank, with no option to change from Standard to Premium.

I've read lots of stuff on here about the wrong activation email links etc. but our link did allow account linking and offered the upgrade option, so I am at a loss as to why it failed.........

Can anyone help?

23 REPLIES 23

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @petejigsaw

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post here.

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Netflix subscription. When the page goes blank on the activation page, can you try a different browser for me to see if this enables you to activate? Please do keep me updated.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This is ahat it looks like when I'm logged in to VM and click on the 'Manage Netflix' button from the 'Entertainment Services' screen.  It happens on allbrowsers - Firefox, Chrome, Edge etc.

2022-10-05 (2).png

Although I have had Netflix working for about 2 months that screen showing oops something went wrong has always been received.

I do not want to upgrade to premium so for me not a problem , but just another example of VM being incapable of fixing anyting !

Hi @petejigsaw, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you've been unable to upgrade your Netflix package via ourselves.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Forum Team, I have *exactly* the same issue as that perfectly described by @petejigsaw and came here hoping to find an answer. Could you also please look into this for me?

Thank you 😀

Mine has done the same 4 times now. I want the premium as I always had that with netflix. Not sure what is going on with virgin. Please help 

colinb1950
Tuning in

I am also having this same problem. The Virgin email told me I could upgrade to Premium but although Netflix accepts the upgrade, within a couple of minutes it goes back to Standard, with an email to say that my plan change has been declined by Virgin Media and to contact them!

Why is none of this straightforward? 

Hi Colin, welcome back to the community! Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with Netflix Premium. 

Would you be able to confirm with us how you are trying to complete the upgrade to premium?

Are you doing this via your Set Top Box, via an email thread with Netflix or by logging into your account on their site directly?

Please let us know so we can offer further support!

All the best. 

Molly

Hi

I've tried 6 times through netflix website. It ticket was created by virgin and told to try again after 24 hours. Same thing virgin declined the upgrade to premium.

Tried on virgin website but your website says the accounts are not linked even though the netflix account says they are linked and being billed via virgin

Screenshot_20221014_084438_com.whatsapp.jpg