cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - plan change to Premium constantly rejected

petejigsaw
Tuning in

We renewed our VM contract last week and with it got Netflix Standard included.  As we had Netflix Standard already, this simply brought the billing for Netflix over to our VM bill.

The VM Streaming services email arrived, and we used the link to connect the account - that all seemed to work, and we were offered and accepted the £5 upgrade to Premium during that process.

We then got a confirmation email of the change, followed shortly after by a second one saying:

Unfortunately, Virgin Media did not approve your plan change, so we have moved you back to your previous plan. Please contact Virgin Media if you have any questions about why this change was not approved.

Logging in to Netflix, it correctly states that our bill is via VM.  We have tried upgrading to Premium through the Netflix account system, without success.

On the VM Account Portal, when going into Entertainment Services > Netflix, the screen is completely blank, with no option to change from Standard to Premium.

I've read lots of stuff on here about the wrong activation email links etc. but our link did allow account linking and offered the upgrade option, so I am at a loss as to why it failed.........

Can anyone help?

23 REPLIES 23

Thanks for your posts @Zedsee, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've faced when trying to upgrade the Netflix account.

Do please let us know when you've attempted the workaround suggested by @colinb1950, and if we need to assist further, we'll certainly do our best.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I agree with @colin1950 - I had the same issue and it eventually worked, but only during working hours.........

Virgin Media clearly don't like evening or weekend working........

I tried today and it went back to standard again

Thanks for coming back to me @Zedsee, and I'm sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and we'll see if there's anything we can do to assist you with this fault.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn