cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - plan change to Premium constantly rejected

petejigsaw
Tuning in

We renewed our VM contract last week and with it got Netflix Standard included.  As we had Netflix Standard already, this simply brought the billing for Netflix over to our VM bill.

The VM Streaming services email arrived, and we used the link to connect the account - that all seemed to work, and we were offered and accepted the £5 upgrade to Premium during that process.

We then got a confirmation email of the change, followed shortly after by a second one saying:

Unfortunately, Virgin Media did not approve your plan change, so we have moved you back to your previous plan. Please contact Virgin Media if you have any questions about why this change was not approved.

Logging in to Netflix, it correctly states that our bill is via VM.  We have tried upgrading to Premium through the Netflix account system, without success.

On the VM Account Portal, when going into Entertainment Services > Netflix, the screen is completely blank, with no option to change from Standard to Premium.

I've read lots of stuff on here about the wrong activation email links etc. but our link did allow account linking and offered the upgrade option, so I am at a loss as to why it failed.........

Can anyone help?

23 REPLIES 23

Thanks for replying.

I actually updated directly via my account settings at https://www.netflix.com/youraccount

Interestingly I tried again earlier today and an hour later I am still seeing my account as Premium.

I am wondering if this is a timing issue. Yesterday it was at 17:51 that I did the first attempt and got the 'Your plan change has been declined' message at 17:53.

Today I did it at 10:05 and not only is it still set at Premium, I also got a confirmation message from Virgin 3 minutes later. This makes me think that this can only be done during working hours.

At the moment all is sweetness and light and I am a happy bunny

That's what I tried the first time - it got accepted, a confirmation from Virgin, then a little later, another email saying 'failed'.

A total mystery!!!!!!!!  VM really do need to sort this out as clearly they have agreed this link up to Netflix, but not got the linkage working properly........

Thank you for sending this over to confirm. So sorry to hear that you have issues getting this sorted both via the Netflix site and through My VM. 

As you already have a ticket raised we need to await the outcome of this before we can offer further support. 

The current SLA on the ticket is for 19.10.22 so hopefully the issue will be resolved soon! 
You may have contact directly from the team by phone to confirm if the issue has been resolved. Please keep us posted so we can offer further support. If you haven't had any change or contact from us by 20.10.22 please get back in touch to let us know and we can escalate the ticket manually for you. 

All the best!

Molly

Just confirming that my Netflix account is still showing as Premium so no longer any problem here.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @colinb1950,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this. I'm glad to hear that you no longer have any issues with your Netflix subscription.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I managed to upgrade to Premium on Thursday, through Netflix, and that it seems to have stuck. 😊

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @petejigsaw,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue! Glad to hear that you've been able to have this resolved as well! 🙂

If you need any further assistance, please let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am having this problem, it happened when I first changed my virgin package and had Netflix included but it did eventually stick at Premium. Since then it has switched itself back to standard and now I cannot get it to hold on premium. I have tried several times and every time it goes back within a couple of minutes.

Can anyone help?

What time did you do this? I found that I had the problem when I tried to upgrade in the evening, but when I tried during the day it was fine.

Ok thanks, I’ll try again in the morning.