cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix on Virgin

oxfordmark
Superfast

Hey

Do Virgin offer something similar to Sky, where you can get the Sky UHD + Netflix as a bundle?

16 REPLIES 16

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @oxfordmark 

The VM website has been updated today to show that there are some new bundles with Netflix included.

Netflix is now included in the Bigger TV bundle, the Ultimate Volt bundle and the Biggest TV Volt bundle.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/netflix 

How can I get Netflix with Virgin Media?

Get a Virgin Media bundle that includes Netflix

New Virgin Media customers

Get one of our Netflix inclusive bundles (Ultimate Volt, Biggest TV or Biggest TV Volt). If you already have Netflix you can transfer it over and have your plan included in your Virgin Media bundle.

You can also get Netflix as an add-on with any other bundle that includes Broadband. To get Netflix as an add-on pick a bundle of your choice and hit ‘customise your package’ to add Netflix.

Add Netflix to my Virgin Media bill

If you haven’t already got a Netflix account, it’s quick and easy to add Netflix to your Virgin Media bill, if it’s not already included as part of your bundle.

Open the Netflix app on your Virgin TV box via the main menu and click the Netflix banner. Select ‘Start your membership’, enter your email address and then in a few short clicks you should be ready to enjoy Netflix.

You can also get Netflix as an add-on. To get Netflix as an add-on pick a bundle of your choice and hit ‘customise your package’ to add Netflix.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Oh they only include Standard Netflix, not 4k one?

Hi I personally would keep Netflix separate from virgin, as they are so easy to deal with unlike virgin, I have read to many instances on here whereby people have a Netflix account and somehow one with virgin, so a twoing and frowing to get one cancelled is a battle. Regards Micky

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @oxfordmark 

Yes it's only the standard version, however customers can upgrade to the Premium Plus plan for an extra £5 per month.

This is inline with Netflix's normal  billing costs which are

• £6.99 per month The cheapest membership allows subscribers to watch on one device at a time in standard definitio
  • £10.99 per month Standard subscription - Viewers can watch in HD and on two devices at a time.
  • £15.99 per month Premium subscription - Viewers can watch in Ultra HD where available, on four devices at a time.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The live chat said I would have to pay £13.99 extra?

Whether you're a Virgin Media veteran or a new customer, our Biggest TVBiggest TV Volt and Ultimate Volt bundles include the Netflix Standard Plan and are perfect for binging. thats what it says on a VM page so wonder why people are getting told it will cost them.

I want to upgrade to the Premium plan, but was getting told i would have to pay another £15.99 (the cost of the package direct from Netflix) but surely its only £5 as you are getting the £10.99 included?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @oxfordmark 

It's not very well phrased but the details below are from the VM O2 news page 

'Virgin Media O2 customers who haven’t yet discovered Netflix can now enjoy great quality TV, movies and documentaries that they’ll love and can watch as much as they want, all as part of their Virgin TV bundle, while those who do already have a Netflix plan can simply transfer their billing to Virgin Media to enjoy the ease and convenience of Netflix as part of their Ultimate Volt or Biggest TV package. And, for telly lovers who want to upgrade from the Standard Plan to a Netflix Premium Plan, Virgin Media O2 is offering the option to do so for just £5 more per month so members of their household can enjoy Netflix in 4K on up to four devices simultaneously.'

It looks like either VM are slow in updating staff of the new changes, or staff aren't reading their bulletins etc

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

STEP 1 OF 3

Choose the plan that’s right for you

• Watch all you want. Advert-free.
  • Recommendations just for you.
  • Change or cancel your plan anytime.
Select the plan you'd likeBasicStandardPremium
Netflix Plan Features
Monthly price£6.99£10.99£15.99
Video quality
Good
Better
Best
Resolution
480p
1080p
4K+HDR
Watch on your TV, computer, mobile phone and tabletYesYesYes
HD (720p), Full HD (1080p), Ultra HD (4K) and HDR availability subject to your internet service and device capabilities. Not all content is available in all resolutions. See our Terms of Use for more details.Only people who live with you may use your account. Watch on 4 different devices at the same time with Premium, 2 with Standard and 1 with Basic.
Next
Unfortunately if you go onto your My Virgin Media these are the choices it gives. this in on an Ultimate Volt Bundle. Do not know if Iwent any further and registered a Netflix account if these charges would be carried through.