cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix now included in ultimate volt bundle but I'm having an issue getting it working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I was really excited to watch something on Netflix after today's news about it being included it the ultimate volt bundle at no additional cost but it simply isn't working.

I checked my account and in my account under the manage streaming services section it shows that I have Netflix active as part of my bundle but I have no way to access it. When I click to manage Netflix it tells me I needs to manage my subscription through my Netflix account but I don't have a Netflix account tied to my virgin account.

I have tried clicking through to Netflix and trying to create a new account and link my virgin media account during the set up process but that's not an option and I have tried going on to the app on the 360 box to set up an account but that doesn't work either.

I have tried everything else I can think of with no luck and any help would be much appreciated

57 REPLIES 57

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ihassan1 

New customers that bought either the Ultimate Volt ,the new  Biggest TV bundle (formerly known as Bigger Sports and Movies), or the new Biggest TV Volt bundle from Monday 21st March onwards have Netflix Standard included as part of the contracted bundle.

Any  existing customers with the Ultimate Volt bundle taken out prior to Monday 21st March would need to take out a new contract to the updated version to qualify for the free Standard Netflix option.

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package. 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111.

The best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

@newapollo

I did call VM Cs today the lady added netflix as an add... But sure is that correct I did tell her I was a Volt ultimate customer. She says that fine and she would add it and for me to register.

Bit confused register what - not sure if that correct

Cheers 

Hi ihassan1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you were having an issue getting Netflix added but glad to see from your latest post that things are resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ihassan1
On our wavelength

Hi @Kath_F

Not too sure if it is resolved?

Can anyone check and confirm correct process?

Many thanks

Iqbal

Hi Iqbal, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

When logging in to My VM, are you given the option to activate Netflix? 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ihassan1
On our wavelength

Hi @Kath_F

Yea I do when I login to My Virgin Media online it's got an active netflix options but there's a £10.99 charge price for netflix standard as I have Volt Ultimate it should be free correct?

How's does netflix and VM link and rectify it so customers like me with Volt Ultimate are not charged for netflix standard?

What is the process plz 🙂 

Appreciate your assistance

Thanks 

ihassan1
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20220327_194139_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220327_193800_com.android.chrome.jpg

I get that 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ihassan1 wrote:

Hi @Kath_F

Yea I do when I login to My Virgin Media online it's got an active netflix options but there's a £10.99 charge price for netflix standard as I have Volt Ultimate it should be free correct?

How's does netflix and VM link and rectify it so customers like me with Volt Ultimate are not charged for netflix standard?

What is the process plz 🙂 

Appreciate your assistance

Thanks 

To get inclusive Netflix you have to be on the Ultimate Volt bundle that launched on the 21st March. If you were already on Ultimate Volt, that means recontracting to the newer version.

Otherwise older Ultimate Volt bundle customers can add full priced Netflix to their Virgin Media bill as an option simplify how payments are taken.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I'm on the pre 21st March ultimate volt package.

i rang Virgin up and they added the free Netflix without re contracting or existing contract extension.

ihassan1
On our wavelength

Hi @Cawsie

How you managed to get that sorted?

I've called VM not so much CS. VM Cs are awful they dnt help at all and don't care.

Anyways am feedup of them... I've called VM Cs several times last few days no luck they told me they dnt give netflix standard free to Volt ultimate pre 21st customers!

Even thou it says on the VM Website existing Volt ultimate customers can get it free of charge! Existing customers are entitled to the free Standard netflix. Don't get why VM are making it so hard.

I find all these big tech companies the save and awful. We pay a lot and very loyal counts for f all tbh it's a joke!

Quite feedup!!!!!