cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix not activated

jo666
On our wavelength
  • Netflix subscrtiption cancelled by Virgin Media 12/5/2022 – not requested by me.
  • Phone call 13/5 – VM changed my package to one that included Netflix.
  • Phone call 14/5 - Still haven’t got Netflix and package is not the agreed price.  Advisor changed package to that agreed and advised that I should wait for email from Netflix.
  • Phone call 20/5 – still no Netflix
  • Phone call 24/5 – still no Netflix
  • Phone call 26/5 – still no Netflix – complaint raised about all of above.  Advisor supposedly raised IT ticket to be actioned by 6/6 – he would call back
  • Phone call 6/6 – still no Netflix – after 1 hour and 10 minutes and adviser going off to sort out, I was told system was down.  Requested resolution and a phone call for next day.
  • 7/6 No call from VM.  Phone call – another 1 hour listening to ghastly music.  Advisor tried her best to help but was unable to resolve.  Agreed that the level of service I received was unacceptable and said she would immediately escalate this to a manager.
  • 9/6  -  this email received closing my complaint, though no one has discussed with me.
  • 10/6 - another hour+ on the phone tried to help but had the same issues as me when trying to manage via app.  Complained that my complaint had been closed without resolution or discussion and asked for it to be reponed immediately.  Lydia promised to call back before 6pm.  No call received.
  • 11/6 - phone call to VM.  Another hour of my life wasted.  Advisor tried to help but said Lydia had raised an IT ticket which was assigned to her.  Advisor would contact Lydia to call me.

No phone calls from VM this week - surprise, surprise.  What black hole do IT tickets disappear into?

As many on this forum appear to have the same problem, when will this be fixed?

Very frustrated and angry

21 REPLIES 21

Don't know , and nobody will answer us on what basis they are issuing the fix and the emails. This appears to be random , and very very slow..

I did not have a prior Netflix account and have been waiting since 23/3 and my "IT Ticket" was one of the early ones issued so it does not appear to be in any order..

Hi jo666,

Thanks for coming back to us. We do apologise for the delay in response, unfortunately, this issue has affected customers who have or haven't had Netflix subscription before.

We are working through our IT tickets to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. We do apologise that you have had the IT ticket raised on 2 separate occasions already. 

We can see that a colleague has offered to check on the progress of your ticket already. What was advised? 

Kind regards Jodi. 

jo666
On our wavelength

No recent response.

If this is not fixed shortly I will be renewing my subscription with Netflix directly and expect Virgin Media to refund me the subscription each month.

That would appear to be the fastest way to resolve the problem

Hi @jo666

Sorry that you have not had a response from the agent. I will take over the private message now and look to investigate further. Hopefully we'll be able to have this sorted for you soon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

jo666
On our wavelength

Hello Carley

I have now received an activation email and am able to watch Netflix.

I presume this is down to you - so many thanks for your help.  I am grateful.

It is a shame other Virgin Media staff and it's managers don't show the same level of service.

Regards Jo

jo666
On our wavelength

I today told the VM agent, Carley, that I was going to renew with Netflix direct and would expect reimbursement each month from VM.

Presumable she pulled out all the stops as I now have an activation email and can get Netflix again.

It's a shame others in VM are so useless.  All this could have been avoided.

Now I just need to get the compensation - for lack of services and hours spent on numerous phone calls to no avail.

Best of luck in getting yours sorted.

Jo

Hi jo666

Thanks for getting back to me. Happy to hear that you have now received your activation email for Netflix and it is not working as it should. 

I am also able to discuss any complaint you have open or would like to raise regarding the customer experience you've had during this Netflix issue. I will reopen our private message and continue our conversation there. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message again @jo666.

Glad that we have your Netflix and complaint resolved for you. If you have any further questions or concerns at all, you can post to us again on the community! We'll be here to help best we can. 

All the best. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I have had the same runaround for the past week and I am no further forward 

I tried calling cancellations tonight and they cut me off, the customer (lack of) service is sinking to new depths

looks like I will be jumping ship over this after being a customer for the best part of 30 years, virgin media should be ashamed of themselves

Hi Darrenw1967,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any frustration you've had with contacting the team to cancel your services.

We do have a WhatsApp service via: +447305327112 you can use to contact the team. 

I would recommend trying that. 

^Martin