cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix not activated

jo666
On our wavelength
  • Netflix subscrtiption cancelled by Virgin Media 12/5/2022 – not requested by me.
  • Phone call 13/5 – VM changed my package to one that included Netflix.
  • Phone call 14/5 - Still haven’t got Netflix and package is not the agreed price.  Advisor changed package to that agreed and advised that I should wait for email from Netflix.
  • Phone call 20/5 – still no Netflix
  • Phone call 24/5 – still no Netflix
  • Phone call 26/5 – still no Netflix – complaint raised about all of above.  Advisor supposedly raised IT ticket to be actioned by 6/6 – he would call back
  • Phone call 6/6 – still no Netflix – after 1 hour and 10 minutes and adviser going off to sort out, I was told system was down.  Requested resolution and a phone call for next day.
  • 7/6 No call from VM.  Phone call – another 1 hour listening to ghastly music.  Advisor tried her best to help but was unable to resolve.  Agreed that the level of service I received was unacceptable and said she would immediately escalate this to a manager.
  • 9/6  -  this email received closing my complaint, though no one has discussed with me.
  • 10/6 - another hour+ on the phone tried to help but had the same issues as me when trying to manage via app.  Complained that my complaint had been closed without resolution or discussion and asked for it to be reponed immediately.  Lydia promised to call back before 6pm.  No call received.
  • 11/6 - phone call to VM.  Another hour of my life wasted.  Advisor tried to help but said Lydia had raised an IT ticket which was assigned to her.  Advisor would contact Lydia to call me.

No phone calls from VM this week - surprise, surprise.  What black hole do IT tickets disappear into?

As many on this forum appear to have the same problem, when will this be fixed?

Very frustrated and angry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message again @jo666.

Glad that we have your Netflix and complaint resolved for you. If you have any further questions or concerns at all, you can post to us again on the community! We'll be here to help best we can. 

All the best. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Tractorboy
Rising star

"What black hole do IT tickets disappear into?"

As nobody seems to have had one resolved and after repeated requests to see a screenshot of one that have been ignored I seriously doubt they even exist , just an attempt to fob us off!

Join the club!

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jo666

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the Netflix offer.

We are aware of the issue with the Netflix activation and we are working on a fix internally.

We don't have a fix time/date that we can advise unfortunately.

If you haven't already done so, you can try and activate Netflix via your online account.

1.  sign in to My Virgin Media at virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media

2. Under the Netflix section, you should be able to see an Activate button

3. click the Activate button to complete the registration and follow the instructions presented on screen.

If that doesn't work, there is nothing more we can do currently as an IT ticket has already been raised for you. 

Once the fix has been deployed affected customers will receive an email with a new link to either re-register or register for the first time with Netflix.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jo666
On our wavelength

Meanwhile I still have no Netflix.  I had many items in my wish list and was part way through a series when Virgin cancelled my subscription without request by me.

Where is the compensation for not providing services as agreed in my contract?

jo666
On our wavelength

There is no "Activate" button.

I have tried on 2 browsers.

On the app there is a button for Manage Subcription - it does nothing.  VM advisors have confirmed the same for their own accounts.

Netflix say I have no streaming account

Hi @jo666,

I do apologise for the inconvenience that this is undoubtedly causing for you.

If an IT ticket has been raised as my colleague has mentioned in their earlier post then I assure you that we're aware of the problem and will be working to resolve it ASAP.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

jo666
On our wavelength

This is my 2nd IT ticket supposedly raised.  The first raised 26/5 never heard of again.

It would be nice to see an IT ticket - maybe work out what black hole they are disappearing into - as numerous people have been told the same thing.

However, no one has yet had a resolution.

As one of the largest communication service companies you don't seem to be putting much effort in to resolve this issue.  How hard can it be?

Hey Jo666, thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately we are not able to provide the ticket number over social forums due to GDPR.
I will be more than happy to look further into this for you and check for any updates, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

jo666
On our wavelength

Hi

Is it everyone who had a prior Netflix subscription that is affected?

A friend just took out the VM contract with Netflix and she has received an activation email.  But she has no prior Netflix account.

I'm on my 2nd IT ticket and 2nd complaint.  They closed the originals and they have disappeared from my account.

Cheers

Jo

jo666
On our wavelength
Hi

Is it everyone who had a prior Netflix subscription that is affected?

A friend just took out the VM contract with Netflix and she has received an activation email. But she has no prior Netflix account.

I'm on my 2nd IT ticket and 2nd complaint. They closed the originals and they have disappeared from my account.

Cheers

Jo