Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix nightmare

fuz
Dialled in

We're sorry to say goodbye

Hi xxxx

Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Friday, 1st April 2022.

If you have any billing questions please contact Virgin Media.

Obviously we'd love to have you back. All you have to do is restart your membership.

Restart Membership

We're here to help if you need it. Visit the Help Centre for more info or contact us.

The Netflix team

Got this email from Netflix on Friday. Since then have been unable to sign into Netflix via any of the VM apps or My Virgin Media page, keep getting message saying something is wrong please try again. Numerous phone calls to VM and Netflix over the weekend and today without any joy Netflix is included in my bundle but cannot sign in.  

268 REPLIES 268

gnol43
On our wavelength

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/803483

hi

as stated the issue is going on far too long can i get an activation e-mail please i have been told 9 times now that e-mail has just ben sent 

there has been no e-mail except 9 service change e-mails so people do not know what they are doing 

the service is terrible and i have checked trash spam etc

i have cleared cache etc and the button does not appear and netflix does not allow sign up via the website to be billed by virgin and on the app all you get it error somethings gone wrong please try sgain 

gnol43
On our wavelength

@Akua_A

can you private message me about this as i am looking to take this further if no response or outcome

Thank you for letting me know @stuartgreen.

In this case, I will send you a private message to further look into this. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

gnol43
On our wavelength
WHY IS NOBODY LISTENING?

Hi @gnol43, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations.

Please allow me to send you a PM to look into this further and respond when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Is there any chance that someone could get back to me with a fix for this issue. Nobody has replied to my last few posts

@Fuz

The forum team are now saying we need an IT ticket raised , with a resolution in 3-5 days.

Although I was also told this on whatsapp 8 days ago and heard no more....

@Tractorboy. Cheers for that. But it would be nice for someone from the forum team to have got back to me with this information. 

I was promised that a couple of weeks ago too!! Great service!

shanemorley
On our wavelength

Hey everyone,

So my experience is that once to get the illusive email the button in your account changes to manage Netflix, then this takes to your Netflix subscription within virgin media.  I had to ring the support team at least 20/30 times, I’d call every day, maybe 2/3 times, eventually I got someone who was able to log a complaint for me, after asking maybe 10 times, some agents point blank refusing to allow me to make a complaint, some just “accidentally” cutting me off, the day I was due a call back from the manager I got the illusive email.  

The manager acknowledged my complaint and could see if phoned a few times, and gave me £40 compensation, I do have another gripe which I’ll deal with tomorrow, I was charged £4.50 for 1 weeks worth of Netflix usage, which doesn’t add up,  however that’s a separate issue.

This whole Netflix thing has been an utter shambles though, some of the team didn’t even know we had the option to have Netflix on our packages!

-----
over 30 years experience in IT, Senior Management in an IT SAAS company, Trained to degree standard
------
Virgin kit : Ultimate VOLT, SuperHub 4, 1gb broadband, 3 x 360 boxes