Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix nightmare

fuz
Dialled in

We're sorry to say goodbye

Hi xxxx

Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Friday, 1st April 2022.

If you have any billing questions please contact Virgin Media.

Obviously we'd love to have you back. All you have to do is restart your membership.

Restart Membership

We're here to help if you need it. Visit the Help Centre for more info or contact us.

The Netflix team

Got this email from Netflix on Friday. Since then have been unable to sign into Netflix via any of the VM apps or My Virgin Media page, keep getting message saying something is wrong please try again. Numerous phone calls to VM and Netflix over the weekend and today without any joy Netflix is included in my bundle but cannot sign in.  

268 REPLIES 268

Krustycarl
On our wavelength

Virgin,

So what's the problem with sorting us that are still waiting for the activation email out?

5 weeks is longer than 7 days. 

Ezy has just explained more than all the agents I have spoken to over the past month. 

I was told by numerous agents to use the activate button to start my included service. I was also told to sign up for a paid subscription and that I wouldn't be charged as it should be included... That was when I had the cancellation email from Netflix.

So I look forward to it being cancelled again in a month's time, and this process and stress starting all over again.

That activate button has vanished since I was able to sign in on the inclusive package. I suspect that is for the pay on top of the bill. The sign in process for the inclusive is completely different. 

Krustycarl
On our wavelength

The elusive email has landed. 

Not sure if it's a coincidence that I have it on the day my bill is paid but maybe something to keep in mind. 

Hopefully they are slowly working through the problem and mine will arrive soon.
Only been waiting since 23/3 !

Hopefully yes. 

Shame everything with virgin is a massive pain in the gonads to sort. 

Hi @Krustycarl, thanks for your confirmation that the email has now landed - that's great news.

Please don't hesitate though to let us know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W

gnol43
On our wavelength

why do different agents say different things 

the service received about this has been nothing but very terrible 

you are in breach of contract and legal action is ready to be  started 

also complaints ready to be lodged with ASA and other agencys

the only way to stop these is get it sorted 

was told e-mail sent (it has not) then told i have resent it (not sent) then it will be with you very shortly still waiting 

i am now really fed up with the issue and ready to take the action above and cancel all services also and as my solicitor says in breach of contract 

and therefore i can leave without penalty ( i do not want take these actions but i will ) if this is not sorted 

Krustycarl
On our wavelength

Any further help?

No one from virgin has contacted me directly about this and asked for account details etc...

No use trying to make it look otherwise. 

Be honest with those still waiting and tell them exactly what the problem is. 

Someone at virgin must know. 

Spent an hour on the phone again today. The agent I spoke to actually seemed more useful than the others, and has attempted to help. 

He said there was an email sent to them all today from somebody senior, about this issue, as they are getting so many calls about it.

He's attempted to send the email and add some Netflix code to my account (?). He thinks the email should arrive within the next 24 hours, but if I doesn't my details have been passed upwards.

So still no solution, but they finally seem to be properly accepting this is an issue and trying to find a fix. Still unacceptable, but I'm trying to stay calm today!!