Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix nightmare

fuz
Dialled in

We're sorry to say goodbye

Hi xxxx

Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Friday, 1st April 2022.

If you have any billing questions please contact Virgin Media.

Obviously we'd love to have you back. All you have to do is restart your membership.

Restart Membership

We're here to help if you need it. Visit the Help Centre for more info or contact us.

The Netflix team

Got this email from Netflix on Friday. Since then have been unable to sign into Netflix via any of the VM apps or My Virgin Media page, keep getting message saying something is wrong please try again. Numerous phone calls to VM and Netflix over the weekend and today without any joy Netflix is included in my bundle but cannot sign in.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Fuz

The forum team are now saying we need an IT ticket raised , with a resolution in 3-5 days.

Although I was also told this on whatsapp 8 days ago and heard no more....

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

268 REPLIES 268

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @fuz

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Netflix.

Was your Netflix working previously okay through us?

Please pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Was working ok from 25th March till 1st of April.

Exactly the same problem I am having !

Was working OK then I got the same email from Netflix , and am getting the same error message when I try to restart.

@Serena_C is looking at this for me but has so far not been able to resolve.

Have contacted Netflix who say it is a Virgin problem!

@Fuz Did you at any time cancel re re-billing ? I did because when I linked the account there were no clear instructions from Virgin and I was not sure if I was going to be billed.I later restarted it , but then Netflix disconnected the account. I think that may be the root case of the problem , but hope somebody can find the solution!!

I never cancelled anything at anytime. Opened account through VM app which showed as being billed through VM.
Worked okay for about a week until email arrived from Netflix. Been going around in circles with VM saying its a Netflix problem and Netflix saying its a VM problem.

Thanks for your reply @fuz, when you log into your Virgin online account does it then give you the option to reactivate this Netflix account?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

If we log into my virgin media and use the Netflix link it says redirecting you to Netflix then eventually comes up with there is a problem try logging in on your set top box. The app on the set top box shows the option to restart membership and choose a plan and shows it as being billed to VM,but when we try to start membership it comes up with oops there is a problem please try again later.Been like this since Saturday. Have had numerous phone calls to VM customer services and faults and to Netflix with little success. Was promised a call back on Saturday from VM faults who were going to phone Netflix but never got callback.

@Nathan_B @Fuz

Yes exactly the same here , the option exists but then I get the same error!

Thanks for the replies, would you be able to send me a screenshot of the error message you are seeing when trying to do this?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 14-54-47 Netflix.png