cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix missing and being charged

Supergg
Tuning in

I am reporting Virgin Media to CISAS for sharp practice we signed up with VM to a package that included Netflix despite them knowing they could not provide that service, I found out this morning from VM that they have not been able to provide Netflix since the end of June a good four weeks before they signed us up and they are still charging the full amount so basically we’re out of pocket, the annoying thing is we had Netflix premium before VM started robbing us, I also think the government should break their monopoly on cable as the only alternative to cable is satellite TV so VM can carry on providing their inferior service with impunity.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tractorboy
Rising star

Not the end of June ! , This has been an issue they have known about since launch date of 21st March - six months next week !!

It that time there has been no official explanation / appology just poinless copy and paste replies , IT tickets that if they even exist achieve nothing , and fob offs...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Tractorboy
Rising star

Not the end of June ! , This has been an issue they have known about since launch date of 21st March - six months next week !!

It that time there has been no official explanation / appology just poinless copy and paste replies , IT tickets that if they even exist achieve nothing , and fob offs...

They told me the end of June so just another lie by VM

Hi Supergg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with Netflix. This isn't affecting every customer, only a small minority so this wouldn't be a case of mis-selling. 

After joining, you should have received an email to activate your free Netflix. It's worth checking spam and junk folders incase it went in there. 

You should also have a Netflix tile when logging in to My VM. When clicking on that, does it allow you to activate it? 

If not come back to me and I can raise this with the relevant teams for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I would complain and request a discount to the value of £10.99 for each month you are not receiving Netflix! 

"This isn't affecting every customer, only a small minority so this wouldn't be a case of mis-selling."

I think there are very many that would disagree with this comment ..

Just look at the what now must be thousands of posts on the subject over the last six months and it is more than a small minority who have suffered this problem , many for many months ( and the users posting on here will be a very small minority of the customer base ).

In those six months all that has been offered is poinless copy and paste replies , "IT tickets" being issued that are never followed up and have not resolved a single reported case,and incorrect information supplied.

Yes make sure you raise a complaint , that is the only way you will get compensation , some more than others..

In  y case it took four months and 2 days to get the email to activate , although I did get a good compensation package!

Good luck..

There are no links from VM whatsoever I’ve tried all you’ve suggested every time I’ve been in touch with VM and looking at the posts on here I’m not one of a few but one of many so it is a case of mis-selling on VM’s part, in two weeks time I will be reporting it to CISAS as that will be eight weeks since I was mis-sold the package even if this is resolved by then, Virgin need bringing to book

Hi Supergg, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Netflix service and this is not the experience which we want you to have. 

Can you log into the online account and see if the Netflix button is showing? If so, can you click on this please?

Can you confirm if we have raised this with the IT team? 

Chris

Frankly I’m sick of being referred to check on my Virgin media, it only offers to subscribe through VM so if I want to pay double for a service I’m not getting I’ll do that - not, as for being referred to VM’s non existent IT team the answer is yes possibly three times but definitely ignored twice, I was told the IT team would mail me a link to Netflix this has not happened hence my belief it’s non existent and only mentioned to placate gullible customers like me and get us off the phone 

spell
Knows their stuff

@Tractorboy wrote:

"This isn't affecting every customer, only a small minority so this wouldn't be a case of mis-selling."

Just look at the what now must be thousands of posts on the subject over the last six months and it is more than a small minority who have suffered this problem , many for many months ( and the users posting on here will be a very small minority of the customer base ).

In those six months all that has been offered is poinless copy and paste replies , "IT tickets" being issued that are never followed up and have not resolved a single reported case,and incorrect information supplied.

Yes make sure you raise a complaint , that is the only way you will get compensation , some more than others..

In  y case it took four months and 2 days to get the email to activate , although I did get a good compensation package!

Good luck..

• @Tractorboy wrote:

Good luck..

@Tractorboy wrote:

Good luck..

On its best day it is mis selling - with the option of review for criminal fraud. There have been several inaccurate/misleading responses lately which have slipped through supervisory review and been allowed to be posted to customers