Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix included error please try later

vinniesbiscuits
Tuning in

Been with virgin for years, 

forced into a new contract.

Netflix apparently included although no activation email ?

cancelled my personal Netflix waited for end of month, then logged in on the virgin box with my old details and chose bill to virgin. 

everything worked great for a few weeks then asked to sign up every time I run the Netflix app and after putting all the details in and changing the amount from £15.99 to £10.99 for standard I get "oops something has gone wrong try later"

been trying later for a month !!!!!!

Spoke to someone who eventually answered the phone,, they said pay for it privately then claim it back from virgin by complaining. 

utter nonsense!!!!!

anyone any ideas. 

14 REPLIES 14

Tractorboy
Rising star

That is the experience suffered by "thousands" over the last (nearly) 5 months..

Unfortunately the only solution is receiving the email with the correct link , once you get that it all seems to work correctly.

No other options work,despite bad advice being given by VM on all platforms , it is no doubt that advice that is causing a flurry of posts from users who have had emails from Netflix cancelling their subscriptions.

Hang on in there and wait for the email.

jem101
Superstar

@vinniesbiscuits wrote:

Been with virgin for years, 

forced into a new contract.

Netflix apparently included although no activation email ?

cancelled my personal Netflix waited for end of month, then logged in on the virgin box with my old details and chose bill to virgin. 

everything worked great for a few weeks then asked to sign up every time I run the Netflix app and after putting all the details in and changing the amount from £15.99 to £10.99 for standard I get "oops something has gone wrong try later"

been trying later for a month !!!!!!

Spoke to someone who eventually answered the phone,, they said pay for it privately then claim it back from virgin by complaining. 

utter nonsense!!!!!

anyone any ideas. 

OK firstly, ‘forced into a new contract’? How? did Lutz turn up and put a gun to your head until you signed on the dotted line?  Yes I’m being facetious, but be honest and accurate it may well help you in future!

The Netflix issue is a clusterf**k of Biblical proportions, I really struggle to work out just how VM could have messed this up to the extent they have - actually no, I do have a idea and it is based on VM’s marketing department having more ‘push’ with senior management than the technical people. But whatever, that doesn’t help you at all.

Yes it’s broken, fundamentally broken for some people*, but you are a small minority, so who cares about you? VM certainly don’t!

* You might want to do a search on here for ‘Netflix issues’, you’ll find quite a few people in the same position as yourself left flapping in the breeze.

John

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @vinniesbiscuits,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience with your net Netflix included package. I understand that this is not ideal and I am sorry about this.

Have you been in touch with our team about this ongoing query to have this raised with our team?  If so, what did our team advise about this?

Let us know so we can assist further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hi Paulina, 

the issue was raised with virgin media team, as they told me to wait a fe days while a "ticket" was raised with the tech guys then to start paying for Netflix with my credit card then claim it back from virgin. 

Hope this answers your question.

Hi @vinniesbiscuits,

Thank you for coming back to me. Our technical team will be looking into this issue further for you and get in touch if extra information is needed. 

Once this issue is resolved, you'll receive an activation email.

Can you please confirm if you have a Netflix Activation tile available on your online account main page? 

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

HI Paulina

Thank you for your prompt reply. 

No I do not have a reflex activation tile on my main page online account. 

It used to be there but is not any more. 

Unless it is hidden somewhere in another category.

When I did have one it took me to a page that had a tile saying manage Netflix , but this did not link to anywhere. 

Regards

Vince

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply, have you been given a ticket reference number from our team? and an estimated fix date?

Have you got a screenshot of this on your My Virgin Media account?

(do not include any personal details) 

Zoie

hi there, 

no I wasn't given a number, just told to wait 10 days then pay for Netflix and claim it back. 

also no screenshot of the ticket raised on virgin home page